TOEFL (Business should hire employees for their entire lives)

vickey 9 / 18  
It is controversial issue to tell businesses should hire employees for their entire lives since someone might think it is generous policy for all employee, on the other hand, the others might think it can take opportunity from one who never had chance to work before. Those have double edged swords, however, my prospective is posed to the later because of the following reasons; it can enhance company competence, motivate employees to work harder, and give more chance to new generations.

The first reason I disagree with entire life hiring is because of enhancing competence. According to the statistics from the New York Times, the companies which guarantee the entire hiring to their employees have less work efficiency. It means the workers from those companies might do not only pay attention but also not concentrate their work performance.

Secondly, eternal hiring could distract employee's motivation. If they are guaranteed to be hired their entire life, they might not struggle for their self-development. People usually try harder when they are in a harsh condition. I am sure that every person should develop themselves and try to be better than the previous day.

The last, eternal hiring can take opportunity from the person who really want to work even with less salary. Today we suffer from serious unemployment rates. As time goes by, it is getting worse. When the university students graduate, they might be eager to start their career as soon as possible. What if all company gurantee their employees entire hiring? It could make worse situation.

In conclusion, the entire lives hiring can hinder the company and employee's competency, moreover, it can take chance from young prompt generations. Someone might say that it is cruel if the companies lay off employees as their wishes. I am definitely sure that if the employees try to do their best every single time, such a crucial event will be never happened for them.
When you practice for TOEFL writing independent task, follow healthy tips. One of which is to leave a blank line in between paras. That gives a nice tidy presentation to your essay and your examiner will like it. :) When you follow this when you practice, you would automatically do it at the exam too.

It is controversial issue to tellagree on that businesses should hire employees for their entire lives. -------- the word 'tell' is very frequently used in speaking, but it doesn't give much effect in writing :)

Those haveThis issue is like a double edged swords ,

and givewould createmore job opportunitieschance to new generations.

The first reason I disagree with entire life hiring is because of enhancing competence

----------- this sounds a bit odd. It gives the reader the impression that you disagree with keeping employees life long because it enhances competence. But you wanted to mean the other way.... So you've got to tell;

The first reason I disagree with entire life hiring is because ofit hinders enhancing competence

Through out your essay, I notice that you have very good ideas. If you pay attention to vocabulary and grammar you can certainly go for a good score :)
OP vickey 9 / 18  
Thanks for comments guys,

Ahmed,
Should I put "s" after the word give? I did not put "s" because the "can". Is it not acceptable?

it can enhance company competence, motivate employees to work harder, and gives more chance to new generations

Dummy,
I am always appreciate your nice comment.
Your tip for TOEFL was very helpful.
I am always appreciate your nice comment

I always appreciate
I am always appreciating .... former is better

:)
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
Hi,
Yes , you are right but I did that mistake because the word "can" was wrote several words before "give" and I did not pay attention to "can". My apology because of the mistake.

Regards
Ahmad
Mark Jose - / 1  
I have read the post. But start a new business is not an easy task. we should have full knowledge with proper guidance. But this is nice post. Quite good to get an idea to business for sale . Thanks

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL (Business should hire employees for their entire lives)