Are the so called 'talent shows' effective to find the real talents? IELTS Task 2

ochio 13 / 10 5  
Nowadays, talent shows have stolen public interest and become a trend. In the television we can watch talented people compete with each other to become the best in competitions such as Indonesian Idol, Indonesia Mencari Bakat, X Factor Indonesia, and Master Chef Indonesia.

Talent programs are surely entertaiment, because those make audiences curious about the ending result of the event. The atmosphere which the creative team build while the show airing and the story behind the scene cause the shows become more attractive to watch. For instance, the viewers of Indonesian Idol program are not only interested with the talent of the candidates, but also the background of them. Some of the competitors tend to sell their stories instead of presenting their real talent. The role of media is also vital for promoting. They likely to expose the participants' life to capture people attention. So, it is not pure competitors' fault if they get more symphaty for their background life instead of their natural ability. However, it can result unfair judgement in the contest. Sometimes, the contestants who come as the winner do not really deserve the championship.

In my point of view, aside from the entertaining part, those shows are also profitable and can earn massive income for the promotor and the television station. They receive many sponsors from several brand to support the events finacially and to provide the reward for the winners. It is not surprising if the winners of talent shows obtain big money for a prize.

In conclusion, even the intention of talent shows is to find the outstanding talents, it is not really effective because the event do not run objectively. So, Instead of finding the real talented stars, those shows mostly just provide entertaiment.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Some feedback para 1

- Nowadays is a commonly unnecessary phrase. I suggest omitting it, since this phrase brings no value
- talent shows have stolen public interest and become a trend attract TV viewers attention.
- TV shows present talent competition amongst ordinary people, so as to be rising stars.

Listen ! When it comes to an opening paragraph, your task is to simply paraphrase the prompt with some background information. Also, you need to introduce a strong thesis statement, as your claim. In this paragraph, I did not see your thesis. If you fail to reach your claim, then your essay is of a concretely empty idea.

Home / Writing Feedback / Are the so called 'talent shows' effective to find the real talents? IELTS Task 2