Calories, protein - how much people need? Nutrient absorption in different parts of the world.

summerlin 5 / 12 2  
The charts below show the protein and calorie intakes of people in different parts of the world.

Protein and calorie intakes

Given are two bar graphs illustrate the average intakes of protein and calorie of people in 4 various regions of the world.

It is noticeable that North America has the highest proportion of intakes of protein and calorie, while India has the least proportion of protein and calorie intakes.

According to the first chart, the sum of animal and other sources of protein intake in North America is 80 units including 18 and 62 units for other sources and animal respectively. Meanwhile, the gap between North America and the region has the least intake of protein, India, is overwhelmingly more than 50 units. The proportion of protein intake from animal and other are almost equal which is 13 units for animal and 15 units for others.

Likewise, the average intake of calorie in North America is 3500 units which is the highest as well. The average intake of calorie in North America is 500 units more than the ideal calorie intake. In contrast, the calorie intake in India is significantly less than the ideal calorie, the difference is 1000 units and the calorie intake of people in India is just 2000 unit.

194 words, 19 mins

hunghoiham 2 / 2  
Given are two bar - no are here!
Lin, your opening summary is incomplete. The various regions on the world should have been enumerated in the second sentence, along with the two types of protein that was consumed. Then the trending statement should have been added to the overview because that would have delivered an accurate outline for your discussion. As of now, the explanation / summary is incomplete and does not effectively inform the reader.

At the start of each paragraph, you must indicate what sort of chart you will be describing. This will be your topic sentence. So in presenting the first chart, you should have said "The Average Protein Intake per region indicates a degree of differences between countries..." and the second chart introduction would have been better stated as "The second chart indicates that the average intake of calories per country..."

There was no need for you to total the North American intake for the analysis. I always repeat to the students, repeat only the information found in the illustration. Do not make assumptions regarding information not present, unless that is a logical conclusion easily arrived at by a simple glance at the provided information. If you have to compute something, you will most likely make a mistake due to your unfamiliarity with the method by which the information was collected. So do not compute information. Just present the obvious measurements. India and East Africa had the same other protein intake, you did not mention that in your report. 13 and 18 should have been individual reports.

Home / Writing Feedback / Calories, protein - how much people need? Nutrient absorption in different parts of the world.