IELTS Cambridge 11 Task1 - CO2 emissions/person in the UK, Italy, Sweden and Portugal in 40 years

DAN770320 1 / -  

(CO2) emissions numbers

This line graph shows carbon dioxide emissions per person among four countries, covering the period from 1967 to 2007. Overall, it is clear to see that the United Kingdom had the largest/ greatest/highest CO2 emissions, followed by a steep dip, whereas there was a significant growth in Sweden before dropping dramatically. However, there were steady increases in Italy and Portugal.

Looking at the line graph in more detail, the level of CO2 emission in the United Kingdom held steady at about 10.8 tonnes between 1967 and 1977, after that there was a slow decrease to 8.2 tonnes in the following years. Sweden released 8.2 tonnes of CO2 emissions in 1967 before reaching a high point of 10.2 tonnes in 1977, and it was then plummeting at 7 tonnes in 1987. Towards the end of the timeline, a gradual decline can be observed.

Following a similar pattern, there was just over 4 tonnes of emissions in 1967 in Italy, after which experiencing a slight increase before growing steeply during 1977 to 1997 and remaining constant at nearly 8 tonnes between 1997 and 2007. Portugal's emission went up slightly until 1997 before stabilizing.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@DAN770320
Hello! Welcome here. We appreciate new people coming in all the time. Next time, however, it would be great if you could include a photo of the graph to help evaluators and fellow learners have a better idea of what you're analyzing.

Generally, I appreciate how you write. You have quite a smoother transition between sentences, making it easier to comprehend a good chunk of your content. What I do find baffling, however, is how you over extend your sentences, stretching them out too thin at times. If we take a look at the second paragraph's first sentence, this should have been sub-divided into two to three more portions given how much information is stuck here.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Cambridge 11 Task1 - CO2 emissions/person in the UK, Italy, Sweden and Portugal in 40 years