CANADIAN History: Defining Moment on D-Day in WW2.

ashleepreiss 1 / -  
D-Day
D-Day, which occurred on June 6, 1944, was a defining moment in Canadian history. The allied forces had planned an attack on the coast of Normandy, France where they were going to begin the liberation of Europe from Nazi Germany. The military planners had given Canada a major role: to take over "Juno" beach. Thousands of soldiers stormed ashore Juno fighting through fierce opposition like concrete bunkers, barbed wire barriers, land mines, and massive anti-tank defenses. Canadians fought through intense gunfire but stormed gun positions, and advanced inland. This event is significant because it has thought to be the turning point of World War 2. It marked the start of the allies' invasion in Western Europe and paved they way for an allied victory. Secondly, this event is significant because the Canadian achievements were remarkable. At the end of the day, Canada had pushed further inland then any other allied division, and the casualties were less then expected. In conclusion, D-day was a defining moment in Canadian history.
The military planners had given Canada a major role: to take over "Juno" beach.

The strategic planners in the military had assigned a major task to Canada; to take control over "Juno" beach.

Thousands of soldiers stormed ashore Juno fighting through fierce oppositionresistance like concrete bunkers, barbed wire barriers, land mines, and massive anti-tank defenses.

Canadians fought through intense gunfire but stormed gun positions, and advanced inland.

Canadians fought through intense gunfire, but stormed gun positions while advancing into inland.
Good writing... Enjoyed reading :)

Home / Writing Feedback / CANADIAN History: Defining Moment on D-Day in WW2.