TOEFL Essay about capital punishment

hamed_vali68 1 / -  

Essay - Capital Punishment

Capital punishment is a legal punishment with different kinds of methods like beheading; using lethal gases and etc. mostly are eliminated these days even though in many countries this still is done by governments. Many countries abolish the death penalty and many other still retain, I am for abolishing this kind of punishment. I think there is a broad agreement among people that imprisonment is so necessary to control of crimes but capital punishment has both people who are agree with and people against. I have many reasons for my opinion to be against this law.

Life is the major right for each person and death penalty is irreversible. I remember lots of criminals who were accused of killing other people but it is their right to live same as us even though in a little more limited situation like a prison. Human right is a line which clarifies what is right and what is wrong. Criminals just cross the line nothing else, so they should live in another environment with new constraint laws.

Equity among people is not really accessible as a result of corruption and the ability to bend laws and truth because of the privilege position that rich people have in societies. Capital punishment mostly is a law for people who have not any voice in societies; this means a punishment for people who have no capital, people who are poor. This is always a bad experience for me to remember my friend whose father was killed by government because they had not any lawyer or any power like money or etc. Now his family is living without him.

Either being an intrepid people or not waiting till somebody kills you will lead to suffer you. This law is not practicable for many people like babies, even though it used to be. This means if somebody should experience this irreversible punishment should wait for it, this waiting is so horrible. I knew a young man who was waiting for ending his life comes but he couldn't tolerate the burden of this nightmare and commits suicide. He couldn't afford waiting for his death.

to sum up, there are governments which abolish this law and others retain it, even though this is a controversial debate these days if this is true or not to execute criminals I am for abolishing this law because always there are different ways to solve problems we should just find them, especially for somebody's life. Capital punishment is the last way; we shouldn't do the last way if we haven't effective laws to control crimes.
legend777 5 / 14 2  
your essay should be more organized if you explain specific reason in each paragraph.
something 23 / 52 5  
Capital punishment is a legal punishment with different kinds of methods like beheading; using lethal gases and etc.

Capital punishment is a legal punishment with different kinds of methods such as beheading, using lethal gases, and etc.

:)
Jin Hyung 1 / 4 1  
The essay should be organized. Your ideas and thought to be numbered such as first of all, second of all.. It will help your score.
Capital punishment is a legal punishment with different kinds of methods like beheading; using lethal gases and etc. mostly are eliminated these days

... we cannot say they are completely eliminated. In some countries, beheading is still practiced. So, let's keep it open;
Capital punishment is a legal punishment with different kinds of methods like beheading; using lethal gases and etc. However, most of these punishments are not being practiced in today's societies.

I agree with legend777. You display very good writing skills, however, you need to adopt a good essay structure in which the reader feels comfortable in following your ideas.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL Essay about capital punishment