Capital punishment has been a major source of concern for the last two decade

gtamani 6 / 14  
Capital punishment has been a major source of concern for the last two decade. Supporters claim that such punishment is needed to maintain social fabric that holds the society together. However, on other hand there are some favours rehabilitation rather than former one. In my view, capital punishment has helped to make our life much secure and better.

Firstly, crime would be rampant, if such provision in law is annuled. Drug traffickers, murders and some heinous crimes is kept in checked because, any individuals with such intention would think twice before indulging oneself in such activities. For example recent survey conducted reveals that any strong form of punishment is passed by parliament would decrease the crime rate by 40%.

One against the capital punishment would argue that individuals should be given second chance, thus should be put into rehabilitation. However, I see two fundamental problem with such reasoning. First, such argument would encourage one who now hesitate to be involved in heinous crime coz of provision in our law for capital punishment. Secondly, various studies have shown that rehabilitated inmates are likely to commit crimes once out of prison.

Also, another obvious concern is: what crime deserves capital punishment and who decides it? Definitely, in a democratic society like ours, it is left to legislators who bear their own quirky notions of what is worthwhile of capital punishment and are heavily succeptible to the lobbyist, which renders them untrustworthy in any event.

In extreme cases in nations such as Iran and North Korea such provision might be used to propagate the ruling elite classes dogma and belief or punish their opponents. However in my view, such circumstances can be handled with prudence and intense debates with civil society members

Admittedly, capital punishment should be executed after a careful consideration to refrain executing innocent civilians. In conclusion, such provision in our constitution should not be abolished. In my view, its advantages far outweighs the disadvantages.
hisho88 4 / 6  
i think your essay is very good and full of good vocabulary.
In addition,the whole structure of it is strong... ...keep going

... Good introduction :)

coz of provision in our law

.... you cannot have slang words in essays ;)
You write very well and this is a good essay. Very good ideas, presentation, structure, vocabulary etc. etc. :)
But be careful about making mistakes like what I cited above :D
Good Luck!

Yes agree :)

One against the capital punishment would argue that individuals should be given second chance

... A slight change;
People who are against the capital punishment would argue that individuals deserve a second chance.

However, I see two fundamental problems with such reasoning.

However, I see two fundamental issues with such reasoning.

I like if your example has been more specific.
Anyways, good writing :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Capital punishment has been a major source of concern for the last two decade