IELTS Writing Task 1 - Car ownership in Canada; how many citizens owns one car or more

A Jhaveri 1 / -  
Hello everyone! This is my first time posting an essay in this forum. I hope to get some help with the IELTS writing tasks. It would be great if you could give me detailed feedback and scores for all 4 marking criteria. Thank you very much:)

statistics of car owners

The chart below shows the proportions of adults in Canada who own one car, two cars, more than two cars, or who do not own a car.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

The pie chart depicts the segmentation of Canadian adults into 4 groups according to the number of cars they own.

Overall, it can be seen that an overwhelming majority of adults in Canada (almost 85%) own at least one car. In comparison, the proportion of adults not owning their own car in Canada is much smaller.

People owning private four-wheelers have been further divided into 3 categories - those with one, two or more than two cars. The most noticeable information is that more than half of the adults in this North American country, about 55% to be more precise, own a single car. Looking at the graph, it is clear that people owning multiple cars are fewer in number. Just a quarter of the people in the research own two cars. Furthermore, adult Canadians possessing more than two owned cars form an even more marginal group. They represent only 5% of all Canadian adults.

While car ownership is widespread and only a small fraction of people do not possess a private car, at 15%, their number is not insignificant. Canada still has some way to go before all its adults become car owners.

s410377088 11 / 22 4  
To me, you have a great score on the four sections.

You just need to avoid some small errors like unneeded words.

-->of the adults in this North American country

-->Looking at the graph, it is clear that people

-->adult Canadians possessing more

The biggest and most common mistake in your article is the last sentence, it seems that you make an argument that can not be FOUND in the pie chart.

-->Canada still has some way to go before all its adults become car owners.

Overall the article is perfect~~

Good luck to your IELTS!!!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Writing Task 1 - Car ownership in Canada; how many citizens owns one car or more