Cars will be driven by computers not people in the near future. Positive or negative - ielts

giangchu210 1 / 2  

the future of motorization

There are many accidents occurred every day. Therefore, scientists advice that in the near future, cars will be driven by computers not people. From my perspective, cars are drove by computers offers not only incentives but also disincentives.

First of all, some people work far away from their home, so there is a growing tendency nowadays for people to use cars without drivers. It not only helps them to not depend on driver but also assists them in reducing stress and feeling safe. For example: nowadays many crash occurred by drivers have less skill or use alcohol when driving, however, they are not aware that they are digging their own graves. Besides, using cars driven by computers may help old and disable people. They can use cars without thinking how to drive. It is very convenient for them to go anywhere they like and do not nervous about means of transport.

On the other hand, cars without drivers has demerits. Firstly, there are a huge of drivers will unemployment. For instance, when computers are popular, no one hires them for driving. Rate of people dropping out of work will put a burden on their family and social. Second place, cars are controlled by computers have some risk. For example: computer easily hacked by people having bad scheme, so it will be very dangerous and beyond the reach of most people. In conclusion, using cars without drivers offers people more benefits in the future. However, they may cope with a variety of risk and challenge.

Dinh, your discussion of this essay is all wrong. You were supposed to pick only one side of the discussion and then presented it with supporting evidence throughout your essay. You are not being asked whether there are incentives and disincentives to computer driven cars. It is either you believe that having computer driven cars will be a positive or negative development. Pick only one side to discuss in the essay. You are not being asked to discuss a compare and contrast essay. You are being asked to discuss a personal opinion essay based on one of two choices. You cannot discuss both sides. That is not the requirement. By discussing both sides as you did on this essay, you were not able to provide a proper and defensible opinion regarding the given discussion. Since you did not properly paraphrase the essay nor did you discuss the essay in the expected manner, you can bet that this essay will receive a failing mark in the actual test.
OP giangchu210 1 / 2  
tks for your comment !
Hidy 2 / 4  
Hi Giant,
In my opinion your work took two positions as pointed out. Besides, some of the sentence body are so convoluted, one would need to analyse to get the message."It not only helps them to not depend on driver but also assists them in reducing stress and feeling safe".

Kindly work on sentence structures.
From my perspective, cars driven by computers offer not only incentives but also disincentives.

Always try to read the work to yourself at intervals, that way you get to spot errors
Alyssag1 - / 3 2  
Interesting choice of topic. You did a great jobs of giving examples of you're thoughts however I would choose one side of the argument and state examples of why you agree or disagree with the new technology of self driving cars. It may be helpful to make an outline, write out all of the pros and cons of self driving cars and write down examples to back up the argument. This will allow for more organized ideas and a more freely flowing paper.

Home / Writing Feedback / Cars will be driven by computers not people in the near future. Positive or negative - ielts