Cars and shopping advantages and disadvantages

Winter 6 / 12 4  

motorized people and shopping

In some countries, consumers are shopping at larger out-of-town stores instead of small stores. People without cars have limited access to out-of-town stores and this results in an increase in the use of cars. Do the disadvantages outweigh the advantages

In some countries, car use is gaining in popularity as a result of the proliferation of out-of-city shopping malls instead of local stores. In my opinion, the merits and demerits of this trend are generally equal.

On the upside, there are plausible reasons why the growing number of cars is beneficial. First and foremost, the development of car ownership meets people's requirement. In today's world, when shops located in the suburb become more prevalent, the demand for transportation is on the rise. For this reason, cars seem to be an appropriate choice for consumers because they offer flexibility and mobility. Therefore, people can save a great deal of time when shopping in these places. In addition, the increase in the use of cars can boost the car industry in many countries. Hence, there are higher opportunities for candidates to get a promotion in this industry.

On the downside, the rising rate of car use may cause inherent problems. To begin with, many people have limited access to cars because they are prohibitively expensive. Even if they can afford a car, they have to pay extra for other facilities such as petrol consumption and maintenance. Consequently, they are prone to be impoverished. More seriously, the widespread use of cars can exert destructive effect on the environment. To be more specific, car emissions and hard harmful chemicals produced by cars may lead to air pollution, which exacerbated the ecological system. Thus the environmental problems like global warming are at an alarming rate as well as human health.

To sum up, the increasing number of cars have both advantages and disadvantages. As a consequence, people should maximize the benefits and reduce the potential problems.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@Winter
Hello there. I'll provide you with writing feedback on this essay! Hopefully this will help you improve your writing skills.

Firstly, you need to work on improving the organization of your thoughts because it appears to be rather cluttered still. I highly suggest that you try your best to ensure that the details are laid out clearly in the open, assuring that the meaning would be relayed effectively. For instance, your current second paragraph appears to be quite out of place. Try to merge these thoughts to the introductory paragraph to save some space.

Furthermore, I would also try to encapsulate and cap your concluding paragraph a little bit more. Add more personal takes and analysis on this written work to help you.

Home / Writing Feedback / Cars and shopping advantages and disadvantages