[IELTS] The causes of increasing average weight and measures to solve them.

marcosi2718 1 / -  
Topic:
In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing.
What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them?

My answer:
Nowadays, more and more people are suffering from obesity and the situation of their bodies is worse than before. In the following paragraphs, I will cover why are these problems happening and some ways to prevent these problems.

In some countries, especially the United States, they are famous for their fast food such as burgers, fires and soft drinks. However, these well-known food products have already spread around the world. In fact, they are the major factor that causes the weight problems. It is because the calories of the junk food are extremely high, especially the oil-fried products like fries. When people eat too much junk food, some of them will turn in to fat and stay in our bodies. Thence, they weight of people will be increasing. Moreover, in the hustle and bustle society, people are too busy on their work and find it very difficult to spend some time on exercise. Usually, they will be sitting in front of a computer after a meal, although the food is not fully digested. The digestion will then slow down and causes the overweight problem.

In case, here are some solutions to overcome the problems. Firstly, people should follow the instruction of food pyramid. A right proportion of food is very important to our health. For example, more fruits and vegetables are necessary to improve our digest system. Various kind of vitamins are contained in it and provide us the nutrients we need everyday. Secondly, people should do more exercise to strengthen our bodies. On the one hand, we can prevent sickness from our bodies. On the other hand, we can keep our bodies fir and lower our weight. Finally, if the problem of obesity is too serious, you will be recommended to see a doctor to have a body check.

To conclude, everyone has the responsibility to take care of their own health. A balanced meal and a proper exercise are the most effective methods to keep your body fit.

(330 words)
rozhnaz 7 / 15  
Nowadays, more and more people are suffering from obesity and the situation of their bodiesis worse than before. In the following paragraphs, I will cover why are these problems happening and some ways to prevent these problems.

Nowadays obesity is a major problem of most people around the world.There are plenty of reasons that contribute to producing this health issue.Lack of exercise and having unhealthy diet are the two crucial causes of obesity.Some useful measures should be taken to prevention and decreasing the rate of obesity among people.

I think this introduction for your essay is better.
rozhnaz 7 / 15  
I think sometime people have chronic diseases such as heart disease,diabetes and hypertension. Some of them cannot exercise regularly and owing to the side effects of their drugs cannot have normal body mass index.In my point of view,presence of some chronic diseases are essential causes of obesity among the people in the societies.

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS] The causes of increasing average weight and measures to solve them.