The causes of teenage drug abuse

Teara_Johnson 1 / -  

Why do so many teenagers abuse drugs?

Drug abuse is also known as addiction. Substance abuse in adolescents is a very serious and prominent problem today. There are many explanations for the causes of teen drug addiction, one of which is low self-esteem, lack of parental care and attention, and peer pressure.

The first reason that puts young people on the road to addiction is their low self-esteem. Adolescents, who are between the ages of 10 and before 20 years old, have strong, aggressive reactions to everything, are sensitive, and always feel a lack of confidence. Many other young people feel that they are socially inept, unhelpful in life. Drugs are the savior that gives them power and confidence.

An objective cause of this problem is the lack of attention and care of parents. In many families, because they are busy making money, too concerned about their career, both parents work outside the house, not spending much time caring, sharing, and talking with their children, who are in the middle of nowhere puberty, rebellion. In particular, inattentive parents may not be aware of the warning signs of drug abuse that their child is showing.

On the other hand, pressure and pull from friends also cause teenagers to fall into drug abuse. The imposition and comparison of parents about the achievements and abilities of their children and friends also make them stressed, frustrated, and eventually turn to drugs for relief. In other circumstances, it is triumph, frivolity, and the desire to express themselves, to prove themselves as adults, drugs are the means for these young people to demonstrate their ego.

Addiction and drugs abuse during adolescence have numerous major implications, altering the child's mental and developmental growth and producing poor consequences for their future.

In conclusion, the problem of drug abuse among adolescents is a hot issue, of great interest today. With the development of society, there are many reasons for this problem, but the three most basic reasons are low self-esteem, parental concern, and peer pressure. To prevent this, close cooperation from the school and parents is essential; pay special attention to education for adolescents, especially their psychological needs.
one of which

You cannot use this phrase when enumerating several other related outcomes. This phrase only applies to single reference points.

between the ages of 10 and before 20 years old

Incorrect. Adolescence comes in 2 phases. Early. adolescence is from 10-14 years and middle adolescence is from 15- 17. Young adurhood follows after that. Correct the reference.

Drugs are the savior that gives them power and confidence.

Why? The reference must be better developed to bring authority to the writer's claims.

inattentive parents may not be aware of the warning signs of drug abuse that their child is showing.

How does this relate to the power and confidence discussion? Relate the paragraphs.

eventually turn to drugs for relief.

Why? The writer is consistently presenting little to unsupported reasons. Each reason must come with a fully developed explanation.

Addiction and drugs abuse during adolescence have numerous major implications

This is the most undeveloped and senseless paragraph in the whole essay. You know how to fix it.

Home / Writing Feedback / The causes of teenage drug abuse