Writing: Causes of water's shortage and how to fix it

QuocHuu 7 / 14  
A serious problem affecting countries right across the globe is the lack of water for drinking, washing and other household uses.

Why do many countries face water shortages, and what could be done to alleviate the problem?

For decades, water has always been an unreplaceable part of human daily life. As a consequence, the world now facing a huge problem relating to the lack of water for drinking and its alternative usages. Therefore, in this essay, I'll draw some sort of its causes and how we can fix it.

The biggest concrete evidence that directly leads to water shortages is over-using water. For instance, people in countries with sufficient source of clear water are tend not to worry about the reduction of water, instead they use it inappropriately and freely leading to the increase of the amount of used water. A solution for the governments to restrict the number of water that each home may use monthly and fine them if the number is exceeded. This will probably increase people awareness in using water.

Another cause that I believe occurs at least once in every home that is dripping faucet. For example, based on the research I did lately, a dripping faucet unless we fix it on time, a vast number of water wasted. To tackle this problem, not only governments but also local authorities should take role to propagandize people to check carefully after they use water to see if it's closed properly or not.

Finally, the amount of water on earth is large, in other word, infinite, but the number of drinkable source is limited and sharply reduces each year. Clearly, four-firth of the surface of the earth is covered in water, specifically sea, but the water that we consume or wash our clothes is not the sea, it usually comes from down deep the earth or the rivers, fountain, etc. So that, governments have to find an alternative source of fresh water or encourage scientists to transform seawater into the usable one.

In conclusion, water's shortage should be concerned by all of us or else it will be a disaster. In my opinion, we should pay more attention to not only when we are using water but also other kind of things that sustain us.
zoyatariq 1 / 2 2  
@QuocHuu
make your tense clear like in 2nd line u are not using is/am/are it would be is facing, it should be the world is now facing a huge problem of insufficiency of water especially in form of drinking water and other categories.Thus, this essay will elaborates the causative factors of water scarcity and also the different ways to mitigate this problem.

the difference between yours and mine is only the your once is quite simple and with very long sentences use concise words that explain the main purpose of topic as i explained above.

2nd paragraph over using water changed with its over usage or wastage For example, the counties where good water resources are present, instead of saving water for future, wasting this resource on an individual basis.

For the water number would not be used its amount
Thus it is required that government must take some legal action and regulate a law to monitor the water wastage in every home or industry so that people will be aware of the consequences in form of bill or fine.

dripping faucet
its not about what you think and convert it in english word by word please make some sense of the sentence
the latest research i did on water shortage make me believe that leaky faucet is the most prominent contributor in wasting water if t did not turn off properly.

What authority will tell about turning off faucet u can say, that not only a public service message on governmental level but also an individual, must be responsive to that issue.

I think i have did much work on your grammer its too weak try to make sentence by finding new words before adding in text and if cannot then u can google it.
In the cause and solution essay, you have to remember 2 things:
1. Never include information not found in the original prompt. Reference to this in your essay is the first sentence in the paraphrased presentation.
2. Always outline the topic for discussion. In this case present 2 related causes that can be discussed in 1 paragraph and 2 solutions related to the 2 problems, also discussed in one paragraph (reasoning paragraphs).

You have to outline your discussion points in the last 2 or 3 sentences of the paraphrase section because the examiner will want to see the extent of your understanding of the given topic. This will be considered alongside the relevance of your reasoning topics. All of which will add up to the highest possible TA score for your presentation.

Based on the discussion instructions, you will know if you will be writing a 4 or 5 paragraph essay. Based on the given discussion, this is only a 4 paragraph discussion. The 5 paragraph essay is only for public opinion comparisons with a personal opinion presentation. You have to try and develop your topic combination discussions in single paragraphs. Use connecting sentences to accomplish that.

The conclusion should not contain your personal opinion. It should always reflect the following:
- Restatement of the prompt
- Causes summary (topic sentences only)
- Solutions (topic sentences only)
- Closing sentence

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing: Causes of water's shortage and how to fix it