Ielts: Causes of worldwide land degradation; 'over-grazing'

Abdurasul 32 / 86 4  
The pie chart demonstrates the primary causes why the lands, which have been used for agriculture are becoming less productive. The table illustrates three continents as an example during the 1990s in percentages.

To begin with, the principal reason why agricultural lands of the world are becoming less productive is over-grazing (35%), whereas the least percentage belongs to other reasons (7%).

However, these percentages are different in particular areas. As a salient example, I can give Europe. Because this continent's lands are mostly degraded by deforestation (9.8%), while over-grazing (5.5%) has the least percentage. But the same cannot be said about North America, because most of its lands are worsened by over-cultivation (3.3%). Moreover, this continent has the lowest percentage of total land degradation (5%), whereas Europe and Oceania have quite high percentages. One must note that Oceania doesn't spoil its lands by mean of over-cultivation (0%).

To sum up, every reason differs from area to area and has unmatchable percentages of land degradation.

puman 6 / 13 1  

The pie chart demonstrates the primary/various causes of the lands becoming less productive in terms of agriculture. The table illustrates three areas as an example of those reasons during the 1990s.

To begin with, the principal reason why agricultural lands of the world being less productive is over-grazing, with 35%, which is 5% higher than the percentage of deforestation(30%). This was closely followed by over-cultivation being responsible for 28%, which was four times as much as the percentage of other factors.

However, these percentages are different in particular areas. As a salient example, I can give Europe. Because this continent's lands are mostly degraded by deforestation (9.8%), while over-grazing (5.5%) has the least percentage. But the same cannot be said about North America, because most of its lands are worsened by over-cultivation (3.3%). Moreover, this continent has the lowest percentage of total land degradation (5%), whereas Europe and Oceania have quite high percentages. One must note that Oceania doesn't spoil its land by mean of over-cultivation (0%).

Turning to the table, Europe underwent the largest percentage of deforestation, at 9.8% out of a total of 23%, while over-grazing and over-cultivation accounted for 5.5% and 7.7% respectively. By strong contrast, most lands in North America were deteriorated by over-cultivation (3.3%) which over twice the proportion of over-gazing. This area has the lowest percentage of total land degradation, at 5%, whereas that of Oceania was large 8% than it. The total percentage of Oceania constituted of 1.7% of deforestation and 11.3% of over-grazing.

To sum up, every reason differs from area to area and have unmatchable percentages of land degradation.

In general, over-grazing was the main cause of land degradation around the world, especially in Oceania. Likewise, the three reasons affect dramatically with Europe accounting for the highest percentage of land degradation.
codeblue 5 / 9 1  
As a salient example, I can give Europe. Because this continent's lands are
do not begin a sentence with "because". you can join the two sentences .

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts: Causes of worldwide land degradation; 'over-grazing'