CBEST. Why did I choose the hardships of teaching as a profession

zita 1 / 1  
Be hard on me, please help to improve my English.

Why did I choose teaching as a profession.

Since I remember I've always wanted to become a teacher. Objectively speaking there are a number of reasons for that professional choice. First of all my mother was a teacher; and I admired her passion and enthusiasm. In addition I had two younger sisters whom I babysat and later tutored in different school subjects. But the most important contributing factor was my geometry teacher's influence.

My parents were indeed role models for me when I was a child, especially my mother. She was so dedicated to her teaching career, so engaged by schooling process, that no other person I knew. Although she woke up at 5 am every morning, took one hour commute, spent at least eight hours at work, I never saw her tired or irritated. She liked to talk about interaction in her class, school events, tests and all tiny, as I thought, insignificant details. She respected every child and tried to find approach to each one of them no matter how hard or impossible it looked.

I might have inherited some qualities, such as patience, willingness to learn and teach, that helped me with my career choice. Being a child I started to realize that it's hard to teach others even if you know the subject well. I tutored my twin sisters in math since I was ten. They were totally different in learning and absorbing information, and I had to adjust my tactic accordingly. Little by little, as I my teaching skills progressed, I noticed that I enjoy it and I am really good at this.

As I was a student, I learnt from quite a few teachers myself. Some were just good, some were decent, but one of them was exceptional. Mr. Krasinski introduced me to geometry. Passionate about mathematics, he was definitely born to be a teacher. Everyone in the classroom adored him even though geometry was not the most popular or easy subject. To me he revealed beauty and elegance of numbers, formulas and shapes, helped to discover my potential. Thanks to him I picked mathematics as my academic major in the college and eventually decided to pursue a career of a math teacher.

Despite of all the hardships of being a teacher, but rather because of everyday emotional and intellectual challenge, I am happy with my professional choice. I like to see young charming faces of my students, share with them my knowledge and my passion. Who knows, maybe one of them will be fascinated by mathematics as I have been once, and he or she will become a teacher. I hope so.
April April 13 / 148 22  
Since I remember => it should be "since I was in primary school", or "since I was 10..." or sth like that.

that professional choice => I'd say "my CAREER choice"
I think the part from "First of all" to "geometry teacher's influence" is not necessary and you should omit it, or you can use them in the body paragraphs as topic sentences.

that no other person I knew => what do you mean by this? And it's OTHER PEOPLE
find approach => find A DIFFERENT approach
I think in this paragraph you should focus more on HOW YOU WERE INSPIRED by your mother, not how dedicated she was to the job (though this is also important).

Best
OP zita 1 / 1  
Thank you for your help

Home / Writing Feedback / CBEST. Why did I choose the hardships of teaching as a profession