Cbest essay prompt :. Imagine that you could have made one change in the past .

shalini singh 14 / 23  
.Imagine that you could have made one change in your college experience. Explain what change you would have made and what difference it would have made.

No body can predict future and change their past, but if it could have been possible, I certainly have made some changes in my past life because of which I would have achieved my goals easily as compared with my struggle today in english wiriting and grammer skill required in fields like teaching. Moreover, no regrets for any past memory would have also been there.

As a part of course work in ...

(after edits:)

As it is a known fact that no body can predict future and change their past, but if it could have been possible, I certainly would like to make some changes in events which led me to have regrets in past experiences.

I would have not suffered a lot during my PhD if I would have raised my voice in front of higher authorities, against my advisor. He was the person who exploited me and tried to mold me according to him. I couldn't understand the reason behind his behavior towards me, but what I guessed was his anger for not getting the student he wanted as his scholar, rather i was been alotted as his scholar by the committe. Furthermore, he tried his best to harass me by playing through my future career path. At one point of time I was under depression and had to take medication for treatment. Apparently, at one point of time a thought of devastating act like suicide germinated in my mind for which i feel ashamed and scared today. Moreover, I became unhealthy, mentally and physically both, which resulted in waste of my precious time, which could have been used to work on the research I have working. Amidst all these I lost all my confidence and it got replaced by feeling of insecurity all the time. Yet, somehow I was able to fight back with all these situations and achieve my career goal. I feel now if, I would have raised my voice against my advisor at that time when he was harassing and exploiting me then I would have not gone through mental illness which I had to because of him.

In addition, as an adult we have to go through a lot of good and bad experiences in different aspects of life, as a students, parents, friends and many more. We can't get over them, instead we can make difference by making proper decision at proper time and also by listening to experience holders. Moreover, we also have to make ourself strong enough to face the unrelenting situations as mine. I regret for my situations back then and certainly, if given a chance I would like to change to them .
monboddie 1 / 3  
Here are some suggestions hope they help. I think you should go through this paper again and work on your sentence structures. I agree with Azeri that the next to the last paragraph seems like you are bringing up a second regret. Is it because of your writing and grammar skills that you didn't speak up against your professor? You keep speaking of your goals, but you don't say what they were. This may help round out your paper.

Nobody can go back in time and change their past. If it was possible, there are certain events I would change about mine, events that led me to have regrets about my past. This change would have allowed me to easily achieve my goals, rather than struggle with English writing and grammar.

( I left out the part about teaching because it didn't seem to fit, unless your goal was to teach)

Home / Writing Feedback / Cbest essay prompt :. Imagine that you could have made one change in the past .