Cell phones, make life easier or make human depend on it?

Alice3105 2 / 4  
"Though texting is a valuable way of communicating, some people spend too much time sending messages by phone instead of interacting with others face to face. Addressing an audience of your peers, explain why you agree or disagree with this observation."

Today, people, who live in city, have to rush to catch up the pace of modernized lifestyle. Texting all of time is not good, but for others, it's the fastest and most convenient way to save time. In this essay, I will deliberately consider each opinion.

Clearly, cell phone makes life easier. Especially for businessmen and long-distance call. Suppose a businessman who is working in Egypt and have to say something important to his partner in America. If he lives in 18th century, he would have to go to America and talk to his partner, but today, he just has to make a call. For people who live far apart from others, cell phone becomes more convenient. If in 17th century, people have to wait for a moth even a year to receive replies, but today, they just wait a minute to receive messages. Imaging, would Romeo and Juliet die if Friar Lawrence has a cell phone at that time?

However, another drawback of texting is people will depend seriously on technology. Some teen nowadays can't be separated from their cell phone even in a minute. They depended on it and abused it; they use cell phone all of time: in school, after school and at home. Some mobile phones, which are now evolved, allow users to watch movies, listen to music, read books and make a video call. People, who use this cell phone, no need to worry about whether they can see people who're talking. With this improvement, people no longer needs to by television, books anymore because mobile phone can do everything. Remember what happened in Wall-E, human totally depend on technology. On the spacecraft, people also talk to a screen, which convey the image of whom they're talking to and just beside them . Suddenly, they see each other in person, feeling of strange is on their face. What happened if these things come true?

To sum up, we should balance using cell phone in communicating with others people in flesh. We only use cell phones when necessary and spend the rest of the time doing something else such as study, play sport or chatting with other people on a tea table.

Please, check my grammar and my vocabulary, Thank you very much :)
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
Hi , I have some suggestions that you can find them below:
1. I think you should work on vocabulary. The words that u used in the essay are a little simple, try to use stronger words.
2. You did not argue the topic!!. The topic was about the long hours that people spending on texting rather than communicating face to face. But, what you wrote was about advantages and disadvantage of cell phone. You, even did not focus on advantages and disadvantages of texting. You could mention these ideas:a) use of texting instead face to face interaction may have negative effects on people's relationships, b) some time it may change into an addiction and a permanent habit which negatively impact many aspects of life, ranging from productivity of employees and social isolation. c) This habit also cause people cannot interact with elderly people who do not know how to use this technology.

3. This topic is "agree and disagree". In this type you should give your opinion and explain your ideas through at least three paragraphs.
cocoyan 2 / 3  
Clearly, cell phone makes life easier, especially for businessmen to make long-distance call.

However, another drawback of texting is people will depend seriously on technology. Some teen nowadays can't be separated from their cell phone (cannot live without a phone) even in a minute.

Some mobile phones, which are now evolved and allow users to watch movies, listen to music, read books and make a video call.

People, who use such cell phones, no need to worry about whether they can see the people who are talking in the phone.

With this improvement, people no longer needs(need) to by (buy) television, books anymore because mobile phone can do everything.
OP Alice3105 2 / 4  
Oh, thank you very, Ahmad Zafari.
When I'm working on this essay, I know little information about that. I just write down what come out from my mind. However, I'll fix my essay.

Thanks again

Home / Writing Feedback / Cell phones, make life easier or make human depend on it?