Censorship! - prohibiting people from their own rights

start208 14 / 68  
Hello; please read and correct my essay. thanks

Getting access to information and using communication media is every citizen's right, unless they use it for destruction's aims. However, sometimes, this right is taken by the government for no good reasons except the fact that it threatens their political future. Censorship is a means to deprive people of their rights to acquire knowledge from various sources which people trust more than the government's ones. The objective of this essay is to cast light on the bad effects of sensorship economically, socoielly and politically.

Socially speaking, censorship prohibits people from the freedom of speech and that of access to information. Books, articals, television shows and radio broadcastings are perspectives of people who want to share something with their society. They convey ideas and speak them loud throughout these medias. But once these ideas are altered, that means a violation of the freedom of speech for the editors and that of citizens who would like to read watch or hear these things. This prohibition turns people less confident in the information they get because they are altred and leads to political undesired consequences.

The act of censoring has bad effects on the country's political situations. It is not only citizens who feel lack of trust towards their leaders, but also the international organizations which controbute to the development of countries. The overuse of censorship would urge these organizations to decide not to work in and with the countries in question. Moreover, other nations would not want to cooperate and may stop the relationships between them and the states exercising censorship. Therefore, the governments which overuses censorship loses political support and citizens' confidence.

Applaying censorship most of the time costs lot to the country. First, it needs a team of specialised staff who need to be paid for the extra work they do during tensions. What is worse is that people do not always accept censorsring them without violent reactions which cause severe loss. For example, people are likely to demonstrate and riots may begin, and outrage protesters may fire cars and buildings causing huge destruction. Consequently, the country's economy will badly affected.

To conclue, I belive that prohibiting people from their own rights brings undesired effects to the whole society. I understand the fact that there are some people who may be offended with some views and ideas brought by some writes and artists, be it foul language or nudity. Yet, it would be simpler and more beneficial to inform those people to avoid what they don't want to hear, see or read than to deprive the whole society of enjoying what they like and may b beneficial.

Ladib
d2h4 3 / 13  
The problem from your essay is you keep zigzaging from one topic to another. First you talked about freedom of art being violated, then you talked about political issues, then you went back to the freedom of art again.

It's quite interesting to bring up the effect towards politics and economics, but in my opinion it would be best to just talk about the violation towards freedom of art because I find the arguments you brought up about politics and economics were too farfetched.

Conclusion about your essay: the range of affects are too wide and unclear. Try narrowing the topic down and elaborate it. I'm sure you can do it, because you actually have interesting ideas :)
OP start208 14 / 68  
thanks lot.
but how can i narrow the topic that asked me to state effect on three sphers : social,economic, and political!
thanks to enlighten me more.

Home / Writing Feedback / Censorship! - prohibiting people from their own rights