In this 21st century many families are drifting apart. Is maintaining family a fruitless gesture?

Theodore 4 / 7 2  
It is generally accepted that families are not as close as they used to be.

In this 21st century, many families are drifting apart. This general issue has caused many people to think that forming or maintaining a family is a fruitless gesture.

These days, the education and information received by people have increased tremendously. This certainly diversifies and enhances the knowledge of the people. However, the number of debates and domestic arguments have also been more pronounced, as each person is more likely to have various outlooks on a specific topic. Also, usually, when connections get closer, friction tend to occur more often.

Abusive substances such as drugs and alcohol have also greatly influenced in the family estrangement. This creates frequent quarrels within a family. Sometimes, the situations might exacerbate by which violence is brought into the subject.

In addition, families which do not exercise constant emotional support are apt to widen the existing gap. A depressive member of a family is highly likely to feel neglected when he does not receive love or understanding from his family members. Thus, he will have the tendency to look for emotional support elsewhere.

To combat this unpleasant issue, families members should make the effort to communicate and try to empathise more among themselves. For example, when a member of a family is criticised, she should not feel like walking in a minefield. Instead, she should try to empathise the complainer and do some soul-searching.

Family members should also learn and adopt a regular habit in forgiving everyone around them. This will definitely clear resentments and cultivate a better domestic ambience.

Blaming others, constantly criticising and nagging at others is another harmful effect on families' bonds.Therefore, being as an adult or a child, one should always try to envision the repercussions if one crosses the line. This will improve the tolerance among family members, and it is also a great tool to subdue domestic tensions.

In a nutshell, families are always important to every single of us. So, we should not take our family members for granted and treasure them dearly.

336 words
Sawsana 5 / 16 2  
Wooow
I like the way of writing this essay
It's very clear to read and understand, also you give the reader of your essay how can you organise the paragraphs easily and how much you are educated by using high academic vocabularies
Hi Teck, after reading and understanding your essay, I must say it is a good read, a well written one indeed.
I loved the fact that you were able to incorporate your own opinion to the essay as well as the facts that you are able to gather in

your research.

The only thing that I would suggest is that, you cluster your sentences into bold paragraphs in order to keep the sentences together and follow through the idea, this way you can present the information as a whole and not as a double spaced sentences. Also, don't trick your sentences in writing with double space to lengthen it, keep it short, direct to the point and in this way, your ideas will be the one to strengthen and lengthen your essay.

I hope the insights help in your revision and should you need further assistance do let us know and we will be here to assist yo, remember it is not the length of the essay that matters, it's the idea behind it that will carry the essay along.

Home / Writing Feedback / In this 21st century many families are drifting apart. Is maintaining family a fruitless gesture?