Many of us have a chance to study in another country to get a university qualification

Amerianna 2 / -  

IELTS TASK 2: Studying aboard

Question: [G][b]In the past, when students did a university degree, they tended to study in their own country. Nowadays, they have more opportunity to study aboard. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this development?

We now live in an age when many of us have a chance to study in another country to get a university qualification. It is really different than many years ago that students just stayed in their province and went to college. So let us consider what strengths and weaknesses studying overseas includes.

Generally speaking, student will benefit from living aboard and studying there. Firstly, every country has its own diversity traditions and customs, so it is good for us to discover. For example, Chilean have a surprisingly unique New Year celebrating way is spending New Year's Eve with the dead. Therefore, some kinds of traditional celebration like that probably make us curious and interested in. Secondly, we will have a chance to study with effective and morden studying methods that help us to learn easily such as theories combine practicing, going on an excursion, studying with smart televisions and robots, being encouraged to organise a community project, etc so we will become more knowledgeable to develop our countries when we return.

Notwithstanding, getting foreign schooling also has some drawbacks. Culture shock is one of them.We cannot be accustomed to it right away; it may take us two weeks or one month to adjust, especially for some of us have been familiar to our country's life styles so it can take us years. For instance, Asians have difficulty being used to the greet methods are kissing cheeks and hugging each other when they study in Western countries. Or some left-handed people feel uncomfortable in UAE because using left hand when they are eating is considered gross. Otherwise, if we have a habit of sitting in the back of a cab, then it is rude in Australia.

Without any doubt, not only does the trend of overseas study have positive aspect that is its studying facilities and chance for us to explore the culture but also cover a downside is shocking people with those unfamiliar cultures.
Norbsidy 5 / 10 3  
Hi Americana,
You have good points and supported by examples in your essay. Though I have few observations, Always try to proofread your essay. Always check your grammar because it might prevent someone from understanding the point your making. Eg. The third sentence in paragraph two.

We can re-write it thus: "Chilean has a surprising way of celebrating their new year's eve with the dead"

Here is another one ---
We can re-write this sentence to---- especially for some of who have become familiar with our country's lifestyles, it can take us years.

Let's look at this sentence too--- ... being used to the greet methods are ...

Goodluck!

Home / Writing Feedback / Many of us have a chance to study in another country to get a university qualification