The change in percentage of the population - IELTS Writing Task 1: Table

tung126 2 / 3  

Proportion of senior citizens in three societies

The table below shows information and predictions regarding the change in percentage of the population aged 65 and above in three countries.

The given table illustrates the change of proportion of over-65 age population in Canada, Germany, and the UK from 1988, also the prediction in 2030.

Overall, it is obvious that all three countries experienced an upward trend in the population percentage, with the most change in Germany in 2000 from 1988, the opposite was true for the UK. In 2030, Canada is predicted to has the most increase in the year 2030's elder population proportion.

The German elder's rate was 25.32% in 2000, higher than the year 1988's 4.87%. The same pattern for from-age-65 Canadian in 2000 was 20.67%, of which in 1988 was 16.32%. The proportion of the UK's elder population in 2000 was 14.89%, 0.66% higher than the year 1988's (14,23%).

In 2030, the Canadian elder population rate is expected to rise more than 4% in comparison with the year 2000's percentage. Also, 5.1% of the elderly population in Germany is predicted to grow from 2000. The UK's is projected to elevate up to 20.35% in 2030.

Thank you for the evaluation!

Since you are trying to help the reader create a mental picture of this table, you should include the information description for the columns and rows provided as well. For the columns, there are the country and years covering 1988, 2000, and a projection for 2030. For the rows, the country's included in the consideration as Canada, Germany, and the UK. Such specific descriptions shows a true analysis and investigative look into the provided information that will help boost your TA score. Be precise with your country identification. A citizen of Germany is more commonly identified as a German, the country, as provided in the chart, is GERMANY. There is a big difference between the two references.

Home / Writing Feedback / The change in percentage of the population - IELTS Writing Task 1: Table