Ielts Task 1 : % Change in price of houses - Bar graph

Sukhi 1 / -  
[/b]Topic: The chart below shows information about change in average house prices in five different cities between 1990 and 2002 compared with the average house prices 1989.[b]

The bar graph illustrates the changes in price of houses in five different cities from 1990 to 2000.

The average change in house prices between twelve years compared with the records of 1989. In first five years, Tokyo and London had least and equal average house prices, that was -7.5%. The average house prices of New York city was at -5% in same period. On the other side, Madrid and Frankfurt was two cities, that recorded maximum prices 2% and 2.5% respectively.

From 1996 to 2002, only Tokyo was below the records of 1989 with -5%, which was nearby to previously registered. Whereas, New York totally altered with the same percentage. Afterwards, Madrid boomed up by 2% than the last value, while Frankfurt revealed a slight drop between next seven years. Last but not least, London showed the rise in house prices like a sky rocket and noted at maximum among all cities with 12%.

You are required to post IELTS essays into Writing Feedback forum.

The average change in house prices between twelve years compared with the records of 1989

.... this is not a detailed information, but generic information about the graph. So it should have been included in the indoctrination.
This is good.
MisterWandering 18 / 321 130  
In the first five years, Tokyo and London had least and equal average house prices, that was -7.5%. The average house prices of New York city was at -5% in same period. On the other side, Madrid and Frankfurt was two cities, that recorded maximum prices 2% and 2.5% respectively.

In my opinion, you should write about the amount of price changes rather than simply saying which level prices in these cities stood at. For example, "There was a decrease in prices in three cities, in which Tokyo and London experienced the largest drop by about 7.5%".
xucoi 14 / 41 10  
My opinions.
The introdution. You should not use again too much phrases apprearing in the picture.

The bar graph illustrates the changes in price of houses in five different citiesfrom 1990 to 2000 .

The chart illustrates the changes of the proportion of price of house in the different areas for 12-year period.
The paragraph 2:

New York totally altered with the same percentage

I feel little confused "the same percentage". -5% and 5%. You can replace it with:
The figure of 1996 to 2002 in the New York was about twofold higher than that of previous period.
155 words. I think that it is quite good. :D

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts Task 1 : % Change in price of houses - Bar graph