Change from a small village to a modern town - development from 1990 to 2005.

drhchopper 1 / -  

Writing Task 1 IELTS - Describing Maps

The map shows the comparison of a town development from 1990 to 2005.

Over the period, there was a change from a small village to a modern town. The changes consisted of transportation, accommodation, and business sectors.

An airport was built next to a school in the northeast town, while the southeast development saw a new ferry port linked to a new railway from the east to west town. The town also saw the modernization of accommodation. For instance, the houses in the southwest were a marked decrease and was replaced by apartments just across the supermarket. Similarly, the apartment construction was also taken place in the northwest near the lake.

In terms of business sectors, an establishment of the new supermarket was taken place in southwest of the town. Meanwhile, a factory was constructed in the southeast just near of the ferry port and railway. However, these developments caused a noticeable decrease in the number of trees there.
There is a problem with the way the report depicts the changes in the maps (not map) provided. All the report describes are the changes that were made, over 2 paragraphs. The essay is therefore incorrectly/improperly developed. There is an under development in the presentation as the old urban design was never referenced in the essay. This makes the modern representation incomplete in analysis.

In order to create a comprehensive analytical report. There needs to be a standard before and after presentation per paragraph. So the images need to be grouped into related content for equal discussion presentations per paragraph. This essay tries to do that unsuccessfully since the pre design is not really indicated alongside the post description.

Home / Writing Feedback / Change from a small village to a modern town - development from 1990 to 2005.