TOEFL;If I am to change something in my hometown,it is to provide more bicycle roads

flooppy 1 / -  
TOEFL - If you could change one important thing about your hometown, what would you change? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer. (25)

People argue how to change their hometown, to make it better. I am a citizen of a pretty big city. As far as I am concerned, the thing that is important to change in my hometown is to provide more opportunities bicycle roads for several reasons: it would make people healthier and will ease the traffic on roads.

Firstly, developing of bicycle roads in our town would make people to pay attention on their health. In today's Minsk there are few such roads though people like to ride a bicycle. With the appearance of such roads in each region of the city would make more people to choose this type of physical activity because it is very successful and cheap way how to keep fit and healthy. For example, my father is a great lover of bicycles, but for him it is a very big problem to find a place where he can easily ride.

Secondly, building bicycle roads will make easy traffic on roads of our town. When people will understand that they can go their work or school by bicycle they will definitely change their cars into bikes. What is more riding a bike is cheaper than driving a car. The more bicyclers will be on special roads, the less traffic will be in the main streets of my city. The best example is European cities such as Dusseldorf in Germany, where many people prefer to ride bicycles to go to their work instead of using cars. This is the reason, why it is almost no traffic on Dusseldorf's roads.

Taking everything into account, building more bicycle roads in Minsk will be very beneficial change for different reasons. I can not but mention the reduce of bad pollution from cars, with the increase of bicyclers. What is more, this change would make people healthier and will decrease traffic on roads.
the thing that is important to change in my hometown is to provide more opportunitiesfacilities for bicycle roads for several reasons

... the thing that is important to change in my hometown is to get more people to commute distances by bicycles by providing necessary infrastructure facilities and promoting this idea.

Good introduction :)

Firstly, developing of bicycle roads in our town would make people to pay attention on their health.

.... It's better tell the problem that you have now;
First, the roads in my hometown are too crowded and there is no way that one can ride a bicycle on roads. However, bicycle is one of the best transportation options for people in terms of both cost and health.
Xiaokai Jin 11 / 23 5  
I am a citizen of a prettythe word "pretty" is a little bit informal big city
My version : I am living in a major city/in a cosmopolis.

It would make people healthier and will ease the traffic on roads. Your sentence is good and I just want to make a few changes here.

It would build up people's health/enhance people's health and will alleviate/relieve the traffic congestion.
carolyn 2 / 7 1  
I would focus on sentence structure. This will help in the flow of your paper. It will help the reader to engage in your essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL;If I am to change something in my hometown,it is to provide more bicycle roads