Changes of the seaside resort of Templeton between 1990 and 2005. IELTS Task 1

manutd9111993 3 / 10 2  
The maps below show the changes that have taken place at the seaside resort of Templeton between 1990 and 2005.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The maps show the development that occurred at the seaside resort of Templeton from 1990 to 2005.

In 1990, the resort was much greener with a large number of trees but during the 15 years period the area witnessed a number of enormous changes. The most noticeable is that almost all of the trees were chopped down to make way for other buildings and the railway was stretched across the river to the west. Skyscrapers were built north-east of the lake. There was also a new airport constructed beside the river. In the south-east of the resort, trees and single dwellings were completely cleared to give way to a factory. Moreover, skyscrapers and a supermarket sprang up in the south-west of the area to replace trees and houses. A ferry was also built at the edge of the seaside.

Overall, the resort underwent a development from largely old to a more modernized landscape.

...but during the 15 years period between 1990 and 2005 the ... ----- It's not clear to say 'period' here.. well, actually it is fine, but I suggest this change to improve clarity and sentence structure.

The most noticeable is that almost all---- great sentence here!

Nice job with this... this is the most difficult kind of writing, because you are explaining what an image was used for explaining. The image is used because it's hard to explain this information with sentences. You did well with it. : )
OP manutd9111993 3 / 10 2  
Thank you Kevin for your compliment and the problems you pointed out also. I'll try harder next time :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Changes of the seaside resort of Templeton between 1990 and 2005. IELTS Task 1