'Changing the design of cars' - integrated TOEFL

Scientist 2 / -  
The reading passage discusses about the advantages of making a decision by a group while in the listening passage the professor mentions the disadvantages. In the reading passage it is demonstrated that members of a group come together and combine their intellectual resources with one another and they exchanges their ideas about any decision. Consequently, it helps them to make a good decision. However, the professor highlights that when a group makes a decision they ignor objections that a member mentions and the group does not think about the drawbacks of this decision. Thus, it does not mean that if all members of a group conform a decision it is a satisfactory decision. Moreover, in the reading passage it is emphasized that making a decision by a group is beneficial for the members of this group because they can learn new skills and be aware of their aptitudes and drawbacks. But in the listening passage the professor underlines that the group members begin to think that they are invulnerable and it gives very bad results. Besides, the professor demonstrates that group members feel pressure on them to conform and they tend to reassure group desicions. They ignor any radical idea that does not fit their idea. The Ford motor company can be an example of the result of a unsuccessful decision made by a group. They began to change the design of cars and it was not approved by community. It was a marketing disaster.
eradulova 7 / 14  
It is good comparison. But I am not sure if you have include last three sentences. It sound like a making inferences, which I think is not needed in that section. luck at the exam
cht1128 2 / 3  
Maybe you can try to divide your essay into 3 sections depending on the ideas. I think it will make essays more tidy and clear.

Home / Writing Feedback / 'Changing the design of cars' - integrated TOEFL