Should TV channels give equal time for women's sport and men's sport?

alicebui191 2 / 5  

Today, TV channels show more men's sports than women's sports.

Why is this the case? Should TV channels give equal time for women's sport and men's sport?

People have been taking more of an interest in playing and watching sports these days. However, there is a significant distinction between the sports coverage on television for the two genders. I believe that women's sports should get just as much coverage as men's, and will outline my reasons in the following essay.

To begin with, there are several understandable reasons for the dominance of men's sports programs on television. Due to the large proportion of sports viewers being male, men's sports programs tend to be given an impetus to the broadcast in television channels' efforts to maximize ratings and profits. Take football as an example. Inside a coffee shop, it is common to be conscious of seeing a rally of young men discussing ebulliently a recent men's football match, while women show a greater preference for having a usual chat about other topics like shopping, cosmetics, or celebrity gossip. Additionally, since men are ordinarily physically stronger and faster than women, they tend to play at a much higher level, which definitely makes men's sports much more riveting to watch.

However, I certainly support the viewpoint that it is indispensable to provide equal sports coverage for both genders and bolster women's sports programs. Firstly, it obviously helps to create gender equality in society and support the ramp-up in the sport participation rate of women. Every time women go out onto the field, they give it their all knowing that their best will likely go unnoticed, and therefore just like men, female athletes should receive full recognition for their effort. Although men are stronger than women, we could not believe that women are not cut out for sports. Secondly, better media coverage also enables women to make money from endorsements which improve their income. That is to say, more television exposure for female players will lead to major deals with endorsers and higher salaries in the future through advertising contracts.

In conclusion, why women's sports shows do not receive adequate coverage in this day and age results from the aforementioned reasons, and I truly believe that it is a must to ensure coverage of women's sports as extensive as men's.
will outline my reasons in the following essay.

This does not qualify as a targeted, direct response to the question "Why is this the case?" The "Why" part that you have to respond to helps / supports your opinion by allowing you to present your thesis statement. This thesis statement that tells the examiner why you believe something assists in portraying a clear opinion and, introducing the topics for upcoming discussion. Simply saying you will outline your reasons in the paragraphs does not meet the clarity requirement for the direct response questions.

You have only 40 minutes to write this essay. Based on the quality requirements for the scoring presentation, it will appear that you should not be spending all that time writing 359 words. You should be focused on presenting simple, clear and focused discussions. Not overly long presentations that take too long to get to the point. It is a must that you allot the last 10 minutes of the task for proof reading and editing. Otherwise, you are risking leaving your errors in the essay, and intentionally lowering your scores within the individual grading considerations.

Do not present conflicting discussion paragraphs. This is a single opinion essay. So the focus has to be on your opinion as presented in the thesis statement. You are not asked to compare both sides, just one, the one you believe in. Do not confuse the discussion because the examiner will only score you on the parts of the presentation that support the original opinion. That normally results in a less than minimum word count presentation in most essays.

When the irrelevant paragraph is removed, you end up with 232 words out of 250 in this presentation. The word deductions applied to the essay will more than likely contribute to a failing score when all the errors and deductions are added up.
OP alicebui191 2 / 5  
Thank you so much for your correction and opinion.

Home / Writing Feedback / Should TV channels give equal time for women's sport and men's sport?