CHAPTER 4 about the cost of money: BOOK REVIEW: Predictably Irrational

benbussey87 1 / -  

CHAPTER 4 : BOOK REVIEW: Predictably Irrational

In an experiment, there are two groups. One gets paid and one gets asked, they are doing the same job of cleaning and sharpening a dull piece of blade. And guess what happened next? Normally the group that gets paid will get to do a better job because they got paid. However, the result is opposite of what we usually expect, the group got asked to help do a better job. Even the experiment was repeated a few times with different people to make sure that the group that got asked didn't have any master of cleaning or sharpening blade but the result is still the same. So how did this happen? All was explained in detail as predictably irrational.

What people usually think is that when people get paid they will try to do their best, and when people get asked they just do it because they can. However, this usually went the whole way around. This is explained because when people get paid they will see it as something they now have to do and they cannot run from it. So our brain automatically doesn't like this and makes us do it just to finish it. And the people who get asked to do something, if they accept it then their brain already thinks they need to do their best and they will enjoy it rather than taking it easy. Even this only happens when you do something that is normal, not what you will usually enjoy like asking to play a game. But this can also improve a lot of things in your life.

One thing that people never want to get money for is when their acquaintances try to be nice with them. For example, your son who has been studying abroad for several years and today they will meet each other again. The son will usually try to express the love he gives to his family in many ways. One of them can be he will take the family to a fancy dinner. When other people hear this they will think this is a good boy who loves his family a lot which he actually is. However, this will make his family not get too good of an impression because what they actually get is money from the dinner because the son is paying for them. Even this dinner can be very cozy and full of happiness. Just a simple card with enthusiasm and giving it to his family will be a lot better. Because this is nothing related to money and it is more of his effort and they will respect more of it.

In conclusion, this was an amazing chapter telling us more knowledge about the cost of money. Even money is the best currency to give and receive but sometimes it can ruin a mood of happiness. So read this book and find more about the knowledge of irrational.
When a book review is written, it is done so from a third person point of view. It also avoids soundling like it was written by a grade school student talking about what he did last summer. This review totally misses on the academic representation and tone of the chapter. It sounds like it was written by a 3rd grader rather than a college student.

Since this is a chapter review of a book that is being continously read, the first thing the writer has to do is connect the previous chapters to this one, indicating why it is a logical next step in the line of study. Reporting in the importance of this chapter in relation to learning will help. The experimentation must definitely be reviewed, from a professional stand point (rather than a gradeschooler point of view) to help add to the importance of the chapter. A scientific approach to the chapter is required to create a more convincing chapter review for the professor to grade.

Home / Writing Feedback / CHAPTER 4 about the cost of money: BOOK REVIEW: Predictably Irrational