IELTS Task 2: Charge in museum - it should be balanced with a better service

nsahmad 11 / 14 3  
Many museum charge for admission while others are free.
Do you think the advantages of charging people for admission to museums outweigh the disadvantages?

...

Museums have a variety of purposes and budgets, it causes them having difference in charge. Improving museum facility and limiting financial budget are reasons to decide it. In my view, museums would obtain more advantages with some fees than no cost to enter in.

There are several reasons why charge in a museum is imposed. Firstly, there is low or no proportion government subsidies for public or private museum, it affects the entrance cost in the museum. Another reason is to maintenance, conservation and museum improvement. For example, additional some guardians should be hired to protect the museum, and some air conditions or fire alarms have to be installed to provide enjoyable visitor. As a result, it requires some investment from tourist. However, it could be danger if museum have greater charge, it would discourage societies for visiting the museum.

From this evidence, valuable-public places should not provide entrance fees for visitors, it influences enthusiasm people visiting the place, because this is important to keep new generation visiting the museum as learning historical life in the past. However, museums, no charge, tend to have plenty of tourists, several of them cannot control the visitor. So museum authorities decide to make small charge to restrict the visitors in order to have better education process and feel enjoying in the place.

To sum up, despite there are possible adverse effects that may arise due to charge in museum entrench, I believe that it can be balanced with better service in the museums. Government should participate in it by providing more subsidies in the public places like museums.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  

Museum portrays a history of life. As such, it is argued that museum should charge an entrance fee so as to survive in the modern world. While this notion is utterly true to some extent, I would argue that museums should be free access to all people.

There are several reasons why charge in a museum is imposed MUSEUM SHOULD IMPOSE SOME MONEY TO VISITORS. Firstly, there is low or no proportion government HAS NO SUFFICIENT FUNDS TO SUBSIDIZE THIS ATTRACTION subsidies for public or private museum AND A RESULT, it affects the entrance cost FEES in the TO museum.

From this evidence, APART FROM THIS, THOSE ARGUING THAT MUSEUM SHOULD BE GRATIS INTENTIONALLY MAKE STRONG CLAIMS. valuable-public places should not provide entrance fees for visitors, FREE MUSEUM itinfluences enthusiasm ATTRACTS MORE people visiting the THIS EDUCATIONAL place, ( STOP HERE) THIS MEANS THAT MORE PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED IN LEARNING RECENT HISTORYbecause this is important to keep new generation visiting the museum as learning historical life in the past . ANOTHER CASE IS IF MUSEUMS LEVY A CHARGE, ONLY WEALTHY COULD AFFORD TO VISIT SUCH A PLACE.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2: Charge in museum - it should be balanced with a better service