Charging people for admission to the museums; original writing, 40 minutes

angga93 42 / 74 20  
Do you think the advantages of charging people for admission to museums outweigh the disadvantages?

Mostly, museum's visitors have to pay admission before they can enjoy the display. However, I strongly believe that although this policy has a certain benefit for the museums, it cannot offset the disadvantages both for visitors and the museums.

It is undeniable that every museum needs money to maintain the artifacts and pay the worker. For this reason, most of them mandate that the visitors must pay a certain amount of money when they want to enjoy the interior. This way undoubtedly increase the museum's revenue so that they can provide better service for the visitors such as cleaner toilets, wider open spaces and better view of the display. However, this advantage is minuscule compared to the drawbacks it brings.

Not every people have a huge interest in antiques. Because of that, many people will loss their interest to visit museums if they have to pay just to enter it. This case will decline museum's popularity because only few of people visit the museum. Not only that, the function of museum which originally intended for educational purpose will be missed. By charging admission, museum is seen as a business rather than educational tool. All in all, admission fee brings several negative effects.

A free museum obviously cannot earn money by itself. Therefore, it needs support from others to maintain its function as educational tool. For example, the government should fund more to make the museum an interesting place to be visited. Donation from visitors also very useful for the existence of this place. Overall, there are some ways besides admission fee for museum to earn money.

To sum up, it is evident that charging admission has more disadvantages rather than its benefits. It is imperative that societies and the government should pay more attention to museum's revenue so that it will stand still although no admission is charged from the visitors.
Diandin16 9 / 10  
hy @angga93, let me give a paraphrase of the paragraphs below:

It is undeniable that every museum needs money to ...

Museum requires financial support to care for artifacts and able to pay his workers. So the museum seeks funds by requiring visitors to pay for the tickets if people want to get into the museum. It managed to increase revenues museum,then they can provide excellent service standardization such as for example the toilets were very clean, spatial ergonomic and spacious living room. However, it is inevitable that these gains are reversed from as losses on the way.
fardan10 18 / 25 1  
Therefore, it needs support from others to maintain (preserve) its function as educational tool.

I have read your writing, it is good idea yet, it is my alternative for your own statement in the paragraph three :

I would argue that support from other stakeholders to preserve its role as an educational mediator can be be helpful. As an example, the government could allocate public budget in order to help the existence of this destionation. Therefore, beside admission fee there are possible alternatives for earning budget for operating cost.

Home / Writing Feedback / Charging people for admission to the museums; original writing, 40 minutes