[The chart shows the division of household tasks by gender in Great Britain - Task 1 Writing Ielts]

dxlinh 1 / 1  

time spent on different daily household chores

The chart shows the division of household tasks by gender in Great Britain. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Write at least 150 words.

The chart illustrates 6 categories of daily household chores that men and women do in different amounts of time in Great Britain.

It is clear that females spend more hours doing housework than males do. Moreover, women tend to do certain tasks such as cooking, cleaning or washing while males prefer gardening, pet care or odd jobs.

Women take 74 minutes per day to cook meals for their family. However, males do the same thing with only 30 minutes. When it comes to house tidying, taking care of their children or playing, women also take account of more time than men to complete those missions. The smallest number to do housework is 2 minutes, it is when males spend this time on washing and ironing. Meanwhile, females just spend at most 25 minutes for clothes.

However, males would rather take more hours to take care of their gardens, pets and carry out some odd jobs. The highest time males spending on pets and plants is 49.5 minutes, roughly double females.

Thanks for your help in advance!

The summary overview should be better presented. You missed out on presenting the type of measurement used for the survey. Your paragraph presentations are not balanced. You are presenting between 2-3 sentences per paragraph when the requirement is 3-5 sentences per paragraph. You are not offering a thorough analysis or comparison of the given information. I base this information on the varying presentation length in your paper. The more the sentences, the better and more comprehensive the analysis. Based on the presentation, you definitely reported on the main features but did not really give much thought or attention to making comparisons where relevant. The paragraph presentations were mostly too short and direct, lacking in the analytical presentation that would have allowed you to write at least 175 words, thus making the report better developed and presented to the reader.
OP dxlinh 1 / 1  
@Holt thanks for your response. Can you give me a band score for this essay? Thank you.

Home / Writing Feedback / [The chart shows the division of household tasks by gender in Great Britain - Task 1 Writing Ielts]