[WRITING TASK 1] The chart shows the employment status of adults in the US in 2003 and 2013

tdcphg7900 2 / -  

employment categories of adult population in the usa

The bar chart gives information about the proportion of teachers by gender in 6 types of educational institutions in the UK in 2010
It is clear that, while the number of female teachers in nursery and pre-school is largest, this figure is lowest in males. Furthermore, the biggest difference between the percentages of male and female teachers is seen in pre-school.

Women dominated the teaching profession in pre-school, with over 90%, whereas the percentage of males was just nearly 5%. The same pattern can be witnessed in primary school, with the figure for females higher than their counterparts, with 90% and 10% respectively. The gap between the two genders was much narrower in secondary schools, with around 57% for females and 42% for males.

It is noticeable that the proportion of men and women teachers in college were the same, at around 50%. However, the number of male teachers in private training institutes was higher than that of females, with nearly 60% and over 40% respectively. University recorded the highest percentage of male teachers, stood at 70%, over 2 times higher than the figure for females.

For the summary overview, you need to learn to use individual sentence references for each thought or idea presentation. While you can present a single sentence with all of the information, this could result in a GRA score deduction based on the confusing sentence content and the existence of a run-on sentence, when the requirement is 3-5 sentences per paragraph. The individual sentences will add to the clarity of the presentation due to the pauses created, which gives the reader an opportunity to better understand the information you are sharing. Single sentences will always provide a better score than long, compressed sentences.

There should only be one trend presented in the trending sentence. That is because the other aspects need to be presented as a part of a comparison and analysis of the information. Where there are two possible trends for presentation, pick the one that seems to be most important to the summary presentation.

Home / Writing Feedback / [WRITING TASK 1] The chart shows the employment status of adults in the US in 2003 and 2013