The chart below shows global sales of the top five mobile phone brands between 2009 and 2013.

jhgfht2 1 / -  

mobile phones sold - chart

The given bar chart compares the number of mobile phones sold worldwide by the five most popular manufacturers biennially from 2009 to 2013
Overall, it is obvious that Nokia was the leader of revenue from sold cellphones in the years 2009 and 2011, however, in 2013 Samsung was overtaken by Nokia and became the company which received the favor and belief of people. The other brands were Apple, LG and ZTE had taken a surprising turn.

On the one hand, the number of phone's consumed by Samsung, Apple and ZTE progressive. In 2009, Samsung sold close to 250 millions mobile phones and in 2013 it hit the highest point at nearly 450 millions. Parallel Samsung, Apple also experienced a noticeable rise in the sales's phone and the income in 2013 was 3-times more than in 2009. In the same period, ZTE's turnover only slightly rise

On the other hand, two manufacturers Nokia and LG were failure in campaigns and strategy so the income from hand phones declined. Therefore, the number of people who bought hand phones made by Nokia was highest in 2009, but it was less than 2-times at 250 millions in 2013 (nearly equal to revenue from Samsung in 2009). Around 125 millions mobile phones from LG were sold in 2009, more than 35 units in 2011 and 45 units in 2013. In addition, Apple caught up with LG about the phone being sold in 2011.

Kindly keep the time allowance in mind when you are writing the Task 1 essay. You only have 20 minutes to present a summarized report of the given image and information. You wrote 238 words that represent an inability to keep track of time. If you were to type these many words, and have to proof read the essay, you will not be able to finish within 20 minutes. Instead, you will cut into the 40 minutes writing time of the Task 2 essay. Keep it simple. The task 1 report should not be more than 190 words. That number will help you stay within the time limit and allow you to proofread your essay as well. Other than the wordy reporting that you did, the presentation is clear and informative. It checks all of the required information and comparison points. The only problem, is that you take too long to get to the point. Say it clearly using less words. That is what the test is all about and that is why it has a shorter time allowance than the Task 2 essay. You are only repeating information, not creating a discussion.

Home / Writing Feedback / The chart below shows global sales of the top five mobile phone brands between 2009 and 2013.