The chart shows information about educational stage of Bulgarian who wanted study to overseas

badafebriani17 34 / 44 1  
The chart below gives you information about the level of education of Bulgarian people who wanted to go and live in another country in 2002, 2006, and 2008.

The chart shows information about educational stage of Bulgarian who wanted study to overseas in three period (2002, 2006, and 2008). The educational stages were consist from primary until higher education. Overall, there was an upward trend of the percentage of primary and lower education. The highest number came from secondary education.

Based on the chart, all of educational stages were under 70% in the three period. There was a gradual incline of higher education from 17 (2002) to 20 (2006). It was the least number among the others. Then dropped sharply by nine percent in the last year of period.

Secondary education reached number one in all years, and it peaked at 65 during 2002. But it fell slightly to 61 and 59 (2006-2008). In 2002 the number of primary and lower education rose smoothly from 18 to 19, but peaked in 2008, at 32 percent. It was the biggest upward between other educational type, by 13%.

To sum up, primary and pre school education experienced upward trend dramatically, but the highest number of educational stage was secondary education.

ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Hi BadaFebriani,
Kindly find my remarks below in order to significantly improve your writing skill, especially in writing an IELTS task 1 essay.

1st paragraph:
- The bar chart shows the information about educational stagesystem/level of Bulgarian who wanted study toto study in overseas in three different periods of time(2002, 2006, and 2008).(I am not sure whether the information in the bracket should be placed there or not. I rarely see IELTS sample essays using that bracket)

- The educational stageslevels/systemswere consist fromconsist of primary untilup to higher education. (This is a permanent fact of Bulgarian educational system/level and therefore, it has to be in present tense form)

Overall, there was an upward trend of the percentage of primary and lower education. The highest number came from secondary education.

Last paragraph:
- To sum up, primary and pre school education experienced upward trend dramatically, but the highest number of educational stage was secondary education.

These two information have the same purpose. An IELTS task 1 essay needs to have only ONE of them in either the first or last paragraph. If you decide it to write in the last paragraph, DO NOT write it in the introduction paragraph. If you decide the opposite, DO NOT write it AGAIN in the last paragraph. It would be redundant and the examiner will face a difficulty to decide whether the overview that you have presented are appropriate or not. If you want to reach band 6 or above, an appropriate/proper overview is needed.

Hope this helps :)

Home / Writing Feedback / The chart shows information about educational stage of Bulgarian who wanted study to overseas