[IELTS Task 1] The chart shows the percentage of females aged 16-25 in a particular country

stevehere 1 / -  

female's participation in sports

The chart below shows the percentage of females aged 16-25 in a particular country who participated in sports, compared with the percentage of people who watched them in 2000.

The bar chart compared the figure for 16-25 year-old female's participation in sports and the percentage of its audience in 2000.
Overall, it can be seen that tennis and basketball were two most popular areas for both participants and watchers. Also notably, there were more people playing badminton and golf than those watching these activities.

Regarding tennis, 60% individuals watched this sport in 2000, which doubled the percentage of females participating in it. This was also the same percentage for golf takers, while there was only 10% people spending time watching it. Interestingly, the figure for basketball female players and viewers was almost similar, ranging from 50% to 55%.

Turning to horse riding and racing, the percentage of females aged 16-25 taking part in was the lowest, at less than 5%. It can also be seen that there were fewer females joining gymnastics than those following this sport, with nearly 10% registered. Conversely, more women played badminton than those watching it, but the difference was only about 5%.

For the summary overview. the proper approach would have been to describe itas a comparison of players vessels watchers.That is because an analysis of the graph shows a ratio percentage rather than a percentage alone. Why is it a ratio percentage? Look at the bar images side by side, the number of players is always listed along with the viewers. That presentation made this is a ratio comparison report.

You do not need to constantly remind the readers that the report is based on the female gender since there is only one sex represented in the image. However, a gentle reminder once in a while won't hurt. Just remember to use alternative references for female to remove the monotony and improve your LR score.

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS Task 1] The chart shows the percentage of females aged 16-25 in a particular country