IELTS TASK 1: The chart shows the percentage of renewable energy in total energy supply in Australia

Tayla Phan 1 / -  

Green energy proportion

The chart below compares the percentage of renewable energy in total energy supply in Australia, Sweden, Iceland and Turkey over the period of 13 years from 1997 to 2010

Overall, this type of energy are consumed more likely in Iceland than all the other of countries concerned. While the proportion of energy in Sweden and Iceland increased, a reverse pattern was seen for the other countries from 1997 to 20210

The figure of renewable energy used in Iceland mirrored the climb rising from almost half out of total energy produced in 1997 to 60% and finishing at 70% in 2000 and 2010 respectively. Meanwhile, a similar trend was seen to proportion of energy in Sweden which doubled, reaching in nearly 10% in 2010.

Regarding Australia, nearly 10% of total energy was from renewable energy in 1997, against around 5% in 2010. The percentage of energy used in Turkey peaked at just over 40%, following by falling into nearly 30%

nhatbinh 1 / 2  
I think that your essay is rather short. You should add more details th your essay and use more advanced vocabularies and synonyms. In your essay you used renewable energy many times and I highly recommend you ought to use thesaurus dictionary to find synonyms.
While your essay is over the word count, it has problems with punctuation and grammar presentation that will force the failure of your essay. Your paragraphs are not properly divided into individual sentences. You are producing run-on sentences which affect the understandability of your sentence presentations. Always divide the sentence into one topic per presentation. You may show your GRA skill by piecing together no more than 2 related ideas into one sentence. All paragraphs need 3-5 sentences to meet the paragraph requirements.

You do not use punctuation marks at the end of your paragraph presentations. These indicate open ended sentences and will be considered improperly formatted presentations, further reducing your GRA score. You must use varied punctuation marks throughout the essay. The most commonly used are the period and comma. Better scores can be gained through the proper use of parenthesis, semi-colon, and colon throughout your presentation.

You failed to use word alternatives to show your English vocabulary range. Renewable energy could have also been stated as green energy, recyclable energy, and other similar representations. By not finding an alternative word to use, you also lowered your LR scoring potential.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 1: The chart shows the percentage of renewable energy in total energy supply in Australia