WRITING TASK 1- The charts show the average consumption of three nutrients by adults in the UK

violetsky 1 / -  

daily intake of three different nutrients

The three pie charts provide information on the proportion of 3 different nutrients (sodium, saturated fat, and added sugar) in the daily meals of UK adults. Each of these nutrients thought to be harmful for people's health if consumed excessively.

Overall, the two initial repasts of the day eaten by UK adults are comparatively healthy, while the dinner comprises the most amount of sodium and saturated fat. Biggest percentage of the added sugar is in the snack foods.

The first two meals, breakfast and lunch, are considered to have relatively balanced division of nutrients. A breakfast of UK adults contains 13% of sodium and the same proportion of saturated fat and added sugar which is 16% of the total. For lunch, sodium and saturated fat consumption are accordingly 28% and 26%, whereas added sugar makes up a fifth of the total nutrients in the second meal of UK people.

In contrast, dinner and snacks seem to have less balanced proportion of the nutrients. A dinner includes largest proportions of sodium and saturated fat (42% and 39% respectively). However, while snacking, UK adults consume the most added sugar (45%) and slightly more sodium and saturated fat than for breakfast.

Avoid the use of archaic English in these essays. The scores for vocabulary are based on the writer's ability to express himself using everyday English words. It is not a dictionary memorization exercise. The tone should be conversational and as such, eliminates the need for non-specific and generalized terms such as "repast". Rather, use the specific meal indicators, with alternate words used whenever possible. Skip the archaic language. It is not used in everyday English conversation. When words are mentioned in parenthesis, these are considered to be optional and unimportant by the reader. Do not develop that writing style for a task 1 essay. All of the information in this task, specially in the summary overview, are important and must be given their specific highlights instead of optional indicators.

Home / Writing Feedback / WRITING TASK 1- The charts show the average consumption of three nutrients by adults in the UK