Cheating in School- Satire Essay Help

AnnAsburY 1 / 12  
So I have to write a satire for my college english class, and my teacher didn't give us any length, topic or content requirements, except that it has to be a satire. I'm not sure how to end it or if I need to add more. Hopefully you can help me. : )

College Cheating - Satire

Every fall thousands and thousands of young adults head off to college to gain the skills they will need later in life. How do these young adults gain these skills? By copying peoples' answers, stealing tests, and texting each other the answers. This is definitely how their parents want their hard-earned money to be spent.

Why do we go to college anyway? It's not like we actually learn anything. We go so that one-day when we interview for a job we sound like we actually know what we are talking about. But those four years and thousands of dollars, have they actually taught us anything. No, not really. Sure you can probably write a decent paper, but did you really learn what you needed to so you can succeed in life.

College is a time to be adventurous and explore. So who has time to actually do their homework and study for exams? No one. We want to have the full college experience, including the parties, drunken nights, and the romances. We don't have our parents or our teachers around to tell us what to do and when to do it. So why should we study, when we can wait until the last minute and get the answers from someone who already did the work. Seems like a good plan to me.

Thank You!
Hi Anna, I think this seems forced and uninspired. What are you making fun of exactly, the whole college process? satire is powerful if it calls for a real, specific change.

It has to use sarcasm and even humor, but one essential ingredient you are mising is that you need to call for aa specific change. That makes the whole thing meaningful.

Therefore, you can make fun of students who cheat, laughing at how they are the ones who lose in the end, because they sell themselves short. If you leave the reader with a message that it is foolish to cheat in school, then this will be powerful.

Of course, you could use a different theme, too. The point is that you have to be making fun of something specific.
:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Cheating in School- Satire Essay Help