IELTS: Child phenomenon; Learning a foreign language at the primary school.

mhss 18 / 53 18  
Please help me with this IELTS essay.

task 2: some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.
do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

It is a well accepted phenomenon that a child can be taught a foreign language more effectively than a grownup.Therefore, it would be more practical to introduce a new language right at the beginning. An issue has raised that a new language be taught in the primary level, but not in the secondary level. This has initiated a new outlook towards both aspects of this early approach and i firmly believe that the it will be more advantageous.

A primitive brain is said to be more receptive in acquiring facts and so as the retrieval. Therefore many schools has made use of this ability in teaching a new language and achieved their goals.The most important positive aspect of this approach would be the high success rates. For instance, if a small child is taught a new set of words and phrases, they will grab at a higher speed than a mature child. Similarly a student in a primary level can be more influential thus it would be possible to make compulsory flashes asking them to use language spoken. Therefore, miracle behind the success in this approach is the inherent property of immature brain's ability in reception, storage and retrieval.

However, a mature child would be more comprehensive and efficient time manager than a beginner thus there are certain drawbacks in relation to the early approach.

Firstly, the child at primary level may be stressed with new words, grammar and its application thus the life will be more difficult as soon as they step up the school.However this will be better tolerated by a secondary scholar. In addition,things will be messed up for a new comer since other lessons are taught in native language. Meanwhile they will no loner be interested for the new language with the above difficulties. After all, it is worthwhile to minimize the harmful effects in order to get the maximum benefit of learning a foreign language at an early phase of ones life.

In conclusion, since the early childhood teaching is well accepted in achieving better linguistic skills, advantage of this approach is countless.
eileenalien 8 / 20 4  
I learned alot from your essay that is well-organised~
The most important positive aspect of this approach would be the high success rates. I think here "important" is an unecessary adj., which might be omitted.

Again, I really learn a lot! Thank u~
ningo 22 / 53 9  
there are several interesting ideas in your essays. thanks so much!
CallMeRay 1 / 4 1  
It is a well accepted phenomenon that a child can be taught a foreign language more effectively than a grownup.

I think the debate is about learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. So, the comparison between a child and a grownup seems to be inappropriate.

In my opinion, it's better to write like:
It is a well accepted phenomenon that a child can be taught a foreign language more effectively in their early age at primary school rather than secondary school.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: Child phenomenon; Learning a foreign language at the primary school.