Childcare preparation to all new parents

tcl1120 9 / 27  
Caring for children is probably the most important job in any society. Because of this, all mothers and fathers should be required to take a course that prepares them to be good parents. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this view?

childcare training course for mother and father

With the influence of low fertility rate, the roles and responsibilities of parents are becoming more important. It is considered that all parents shall attend the mandatory training courses on learning how to nurture their children. I personally agree that understanding the skills and methods of childcare are essential for new parents, however, it would not be possible and practical to impose the compulsory baby caring training course to all parents.

Firstly, parents are encouraged to give birth in order to enhance the fertility rate among the society. The implementation of obligatory childcare training before giving birth would undermine their interest, and consequently deterrent those potential parents from giving birth. The mandatory courses would definitely result in negative effect on boosting the fertility rate.

Secondly, the practical implementation would be considerably difficult due to the great number of new parents every year. China is a case in point. Due to the enormous amount of population, it would be practical to register the competency of all new parents. Thus, it is obvious why imposing mandatory childcare training course would not be considered as an effective way to improve the skills and knowledge of baby caring.

Perhaps, government's involvement is indispensible on providing adequate coaching and supports to those new parents. By launching some educational films and videos, the knowledge and skills of childcare could be promoted and delivered to all new parents, while those online platforms could also be the communication channels between those new parents for information exchange.

By hammering the final nail, launching the obligatory childcare training course would not be practical and possible due to its limited effectiveness, while promoting the fundamental knowledge and skills of baby care by online videos or educational films would be comparatively appropriate.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@tcl1120
I would opt for a different transition in between sentences and paragraphs.Your current method is sufficient. However, it would be appreciated if you could have a more organic approach to moving from one point to another. This can ensure that the essay is structured to be fluid.

For instance, I would change the last sentence of your first paragraph as:
While I agree that skills and methods for childcare are essential, it is impossible and impractical to impose the training to all new parents.

To maximize your space, use impossible and impractical instead of not possible and practical because it's the formal usage of the words.I would also suggest moving around your phrasing as to not be repetitive. For example what I had accomplished was only use parents once in the span of one sentence.

In your fourth paragraph, change your opening line because perhaps is an unacceptable method of introduction. Considering the magnitude of options, you can opt to omit that and instead go straight to the point.

I would also recommend changing your introduction in the concluding paragraph. While usage of creative language is alright, it is better to opt for a formal articulation than it as to keep the academic standard of the essay itself.

Best of luck.
OP tcl1120 9 / 27  
Thank you for your valuable comments.

May I adopt "In fact" or "Nevertheless" replacing the word of "Perhaps" in Paragraph 4th? Thanks.

Home / Writing Feedback / Childcare preparation to all new parents