TOEFL: children should be allowed to play computer games(the whole title is written in the message)

DearbhailS 6 / 10 2  
Agree or disagree: playing computer games is a waste of time, children should not be allowed to play them.

When children ask parents to let them play computer games, parents always say no, because they think computer games are too fascinating to make children ignore their study, and then they will be addicted to it. In my opinion, however, children should be allowed to play computer games because computer games also have some advantages, it can exercise the ability of teamwork and it is a way to ease them.

Firstly, in reality society, if people want to get success in different filed, they must cooperate with other in different occasions. So it is very important for children to develop a cooperative ability. The computer game is a good way to exercise it. Take myself as an example. I was not the person who is united; I preferred to do everything by myself rather than do it with others and it let me be an indifferent person. However, since I have been playing computer games, my personality has changed. In computer games, I have to cooperate with other players. At first, I was averse to do it, but many players taught me and encouraged me. At last, I am willing to cooperate with others not only in computer games but also in reality. Because through computer games, I know team's power is stronger than a person's power. Therefore, computer games can teach us about the importance of cooperation and make you feel it.

Secondly, school work and different kinds of exams give too much pressure to children, so they need to find a way to give vent to their burden. After playing a computer game, they can feel relief and pick up their hope again. My cousin Jason is only 12 years old, but he has many burdens. He has to get the first in their school and have many classes about piano, taekwondo, calligraphy in his weekends. So he does not have extra time to play with his friend outside; the only for him to relax himself is playing computer games. When he feels tired or wants to give up, he will play a computer game. In computer games, his friends and the music can let him gain power and hope to face the reality again. Hence, the computer game can make people feel relax when after they are busy or desolated.

In conclusion, although computer games have some disadvantages, if children can play it in a right way, it can also do good to children.
VadimKlimenko 4 / 10  
Hi, here is 2 cents from me ) Hope you will find my comments useful.

Firstly , in realityour society, if people want to get success in different filed some field, they must cooperate with other people in different occasions circumstances.

- Use "First, ", "Second, " and so on for presenting your points.
- "... with other ..." - we can write either "with others" or "with other NOUN". In my opinion, usage with precise noun allows you to create more exact picture of your idea and to exclude ambiguity.

So it is very important for children to develop a cooperative abilityability to cooperate (or "skill to cooperate"). - "cooperative ability" sounds like some skill which is cooperative by itself.

I was not the person who is uniteda collaborative person. - there is great term "collaboration", which defines effective cooperation amoung people, I think this word might be helpful in similar topics.

Good luck in your preparation for TOEFL )

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL: children should be allowed to play computer games(the whole title is written in the message)