Should children not be allowed to watch TV?

naufal abiyyu 4 / 6 3  
Children should not allow to watch TV.

To what extent do you agree?

Answer:
It is quite common for children to watch TV. Children would have a good educational show of it at different ways, but is also some that are inappropriate for children to watch.

The idea of disallowing children to watch TV is the most valued as this leads to some inappropriate impressions watched, making parents forbid children to watch TV. It seems more children are getting interested in watching TV shows that are not appropriate for their age.
For example, since 2016 Trans TV Channel has launched reality show that related to adult love affair, and therefore "Aku Mau Putus" program is one of the TV programs that begin to attract the attention of children broadcasted every Friday at 15:00 to 16:00. This shows how adults kissing and hug which are inappropriate for young people to watch.

On the other hand, allowing the children to watch an educational TV show is the wise choice for them. This is because more and more TV programs present shows that are related to school activities, and this helps children to recall the information they have learnt at school when watching the shows. For example, since 2018 Ministry of Indonesia Education has launched a policy to make sure that schoolchildren can review their school subjects through TV, and therefore "Belajar Bersama" broadcasted every day at 16:30 to 17:30 is one of the TV channels launched to present social and scientific knowledge designed to young learners aged 7 to 12.

In conclusion, a parent should sort out a good TV show for children wisely. That is the best way for them to educate themselves through good shows. Disallowing children to watch TV can be controlled by ensure them to get the appropriate impressions.
This is not a comparative discussion essay. You should familiarize yourself with the various discussion types for this test before you start writing another practice test. You see, this is an extent essay that asks you consider how strongly you support or do not support the given singular opinion. Your response should show a degree of non/support for the given discussion, which is then supported by 2 reasons in your discussion paragraphs. Since your essay does not appropriately deliver a response to the given question, and your reasoning paragraphs do not deliver the proper supporting or non-supporting discussion, your essay cannot be judged within passing score guidelines.

You should show a clear response to the question in the paraphrased paragraph, then offer one supporting explanation for your opinion within 2 separate discussion topics in the 2 reasoning paragraphs. Wrap up the discussion with a proper restatement of the discussion topic, your opinion, and supporting points within the concluding paraphrase. Only then will you have followed the correct discussion format for this essay,

By the way, you cannot use" on the other hand" if you did not use "on the one hand" in the previous discussion. Such phrases are only acceptable in comparison discussions. So you should not be using it in a single opinion essay. Those phrases are only used in A/D essays. All other essays should not use those phrases. That is because all other essays are single opinion essay presentations. No comparisons allowed.

Home / Writing Feedback / Should children not be allowed to watch TV?