Children these days are not getting the social and emotional learning they need; children and crimes

Vns9x 102 / 236 16  
Recent figures show an increase in violent crime among youngsters under the age of 18. Some psychologists claim that the basic reason for this is that children these days are not getting the social and emotional learning they need from parents and teachers.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Young people under the age of eighteen, these days, often commit lots of crimes. It is perfectly understandable, since people who live in this contemporary society such as their parents tend to be tied up all the time, and thus, they do not have a sufficient amount of time to take care of offspring. Teachers also contribute to this phenomenon, because some of them have a penchant for slugging during their job time. Therefore, I absolutely consent with the community which asserts that this phenomena is engendered due to the lack of attention of parents and teachers.

In this busy world, everything should be finalized promptly and efficiently, time is money. This can cause a significant impact on the child's behavior, since one yearns to obtain at least some attention from their parents, and parents sometimes are just too busy to satisfy their child's demand. For pragmatic instance, I used to have a friend whose parents were merchants and they usually worked abroad, because it was almost impossible for them to earn numerous profits in our country. So, there was a day, when my friend could not suppress his desire which is to talk face-to-face with his parents. He began to rob people in order to get caught to attract some attention from his parents. As a result, parents' attention is imperative for any kid's life.

Aside from parents' common mistake, teachers, especially in our country tend to be way too warm-hearted. They do not fulfill their duty at some extent which is to educate children properly. It does not always apply to every teacher on this planet, but some individuals act this way. I can recall myself, when I was an ingenuous kid. There was a classmate of mine, whose habit or hobby was to snitch somebody's item. At first, the teacher did not pay attention to his action, because she believed that, eventually, he would become a better person. Unfortunately, it did not go well as she had planned. After two years, that guy went to jail due to his innate habit. Hence, some teachers do underpin this phenomena.

Consequently, teacher and parents can substantially affect on the child's behavior. Taking all the points into account, I have a robust belief that nowadays, both parents and teachers spoil young generation's behavior.
Jenya1970 1 / 4 3  
Your essay is really very good.I think you can also include the following staements somewhere in your essay to make it more impressive.

Just like the food is essential for physical health in the same way love and acceptance is the food for mental health of the children.Those children who are deprived of love suffers from the feeling of rejection all the time. This loneliness leads them to do certain crimes either to attract attention from their parents or they keep themselves busy doing destructive work to take revenge of their situation.After all, " Idle mind is Devil's workshop."

Home / Writing Feedback / Children these days are not getting the social and emotional learning they need; children and crimes