[IELTS WRITING TASK 2] SHOULD CHILDREN DECIDE THEIR OWN CAREER?

Itsthu 1 / -  
Parents should not pressure their children to choose a particular profession. Young people should have the freedom to choose a career path they like.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It is widely admissible that children should not be imposed on which career path they are going to follow. Some parents do not agree with this opinion due to the fact that they know their children best. However, I totally believe that it is student's freedom to decide their own college majors and occupational choices.

To begin with, various teenagers have distinctive abilities. A number of them may have a head for numbers, statistics or figures, on the contrary others can be good at drawing, singing or dancing. Sometimes these aptitudes happen to appear at an early age among juveniles, for most cases they are not instantly recognizable though until they enter high schools. With busy work schedules, parents barely have time to pay much attention to their children, therefore, it is only the children who know explicitly about their strengths and weaknesses. Furthermore, parents are frequently affected by old-fashioned conceptions, especially those coming from Asian countries like China, Korea, Vietnam or Japan. They want their offspring to fit the conventional stereotype of a doctor, a teacher or an engineer. This will have an adverse effect on the teenagers in light of the fact that not everyone is cut out for these careers, they can end up becoming insecure about themselves. Each individual has a field that they are confident in and only them will know what their potentials and values are.

Besides, every child has its own interest and passion. Doing something you like is always more inspiring and appealing than something you dislike. Consistency is a key to success, consequently if someone feels unmotivated about the vocations they are doing, how can they stick to it and give their best performance? A recent survey has shown that over 30 percent of workers in the US left their current office as they want to start over with their favorite ones. This is a wake-up call for all parents as jumping from one job to another is not ideal since anyone can possibly lose the perfect opportunity to move up the career ladder.

In conclusion, I would say desire and talent play a crucial role in everyone's success. That's why every father and mother ought to be more open-minded and accept their children's choices.

Please give feedbacks on my writing. I would appreciate it.
due to the fact that they know their children best.

This is a topic reason deviation. It is not supported in the orginal statement. It has altered the original topic proposal because the writer chose to provide a prisonal opinion in the restatement. By beginning the reasoning discussion too early, he has forced a restatement failure, even as the opinion placement is correct in format. The first paragraph may have difficulty achieving a passing consideration in the preliminary stage.

how can they stick to it and give their best performance?

Avoid rhetorical questions such as these. The reason stating a response to the qquestion creates a score lowering topic alteration. Stick to related statements instead.

A recent survey

To make this seem less researched, use the word "public" since researched data cannot be cited in the presentation.

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS WRITING TASK 2] SHOULD CHILDREN DECIDE THEIR OWN CAREER?