IELTS- Should children engage in some kind of paid work? Yes, it has lots of pluses

mhss 18 / 53 18  
Q: In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work, some people regard this as completely wrong, while others consider it as valuable work experience important in learning and taking responsibility

Discuss both these views and give your opinion.

Nowadays, children in most countries involve in part time jobs from their early years of life. It is in the increasing trend as they are getting an invaluable opportunity in the long run. However, some people purely against this, stating that the education will be affected in a bad manner. Based on the two arguments, I believe that learning along with practical knowledge might help students in a number of ways to make their career a success.

When children engage in paid work, they not only earn money but also gather knowledge in different ways. First of all, they get the opportunity to gain the practical aspect of what is being taught in the school, for example, how to record accounts in ledgers and how to work as a cashier. At the same time they will learn how to bear the responsibilities. Next, there are centers where the board and logging, meals and uniforms are provided free of charge and it is a very good way to overcome financial deficiencies. Similarly, it is an opportunity to get away from studies and to be relaxed especially when working in public places; it allows them to meet different people and to have more friends.

When the counter argument is taken into account, there are certain disadvantages. Children get less time to do their studies, and if the working shifts extend beyond midnight, performance at daytime will be affected badly. In addition, they tend to behave as adults involve in the gambling, smoking and addicting to alcohol and related substances. Therefore, it is vital to select the working place in advance to minimize the harmful effects.

In conclusion, learning with the practical knowledge and the ability in baring responsibilities are crucial in future employments and hence engage in a paid job provides more advantages than drawbacks.
However, some people are purely against this, stating that the education will be affected in a bad manner.

.... here your idea is not presented properly. You need to tell that they are against for this idea because they think that these children would be deprived of recieving a proper education which may affect their future negatively.

First of all, they get the opportunity to gain the practicalaspectexposure of what is being taught in the school, for example, how to record accounts in ledgers and how to work as a cashier.

Next, there are centers where the board and logging, meals and uniforms are provided free of charge and it is a very good way to overcome financial deficiencies.

.... this idea really does not go well with the rest...may be it's the way you presented.
Also I suggest you to have one reason and one speicifc example for para. That would help you manage time too :)
Anyway.... this is a good essay :)
OP mhss 18 / 53 18  
Hai Dumi,
Your comments are greatly appreciated.
Regards,
mhss.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS- Should children engage in some kind of paid work? Yes, it has lots of pluses