Children should always follow their parents advice to what extent do you agree or disagree with this

Hanh16 1 / -  

advice not control

Some people say that kids should always follow their parent's advice. However, others claim that it is not all right. In my opinion, children should obey their parents' advice when they are young, but they should become independent and have to be responsible for their actions when they get older.

Firstly, parents are fulling mature because they have more experience in life. Moreover, young children are innocent and they do not know the difference between right and wrong, so the parent is the best person to teach them this. For instance, the kid does not know how to behave with other kids and other people. Therefore, parents should be the ones who can talk to them friendly and give some wise advice.

Secondly, when children get older, they should make their own decisions because they have more responsibility and become mature enough. Life is more modern a new generation has to face a variety of challenges and problems with which their parents have never faced before. So the parent's advice sometimes will be wrong. For example, kids have a desire to become a footballer when their parents want them to become a doctor. The children cover with the love of their parents, and the children when growing up need to get out of this area to make their own decisions. If not, they might grow up to be less independent.

After considering all of the reasons mentioned above, I have concluded that parents need to give young children advice on morals and safety, but not control and tell them how to live when they get older.
The restatement is acceptable. The writer's opinion basis is clear in his reasoning summary. What is missing from this paragraph for it to become a high scoring prompt restatement + writer's opinion then? Exactly that, the writer's opinion. He forgot to respond to the "extent" question prior to presenting his reasoning basis. The paragraph is not fully incorrect. It just needs an adjustment to the reasoning response such as: "I disagree with this opinion to the extent that children should only follow their parents advice when they are young. They must..." Always incorporate the key response requirement in the writer's opinion to fully meet the writing response format for that paragraph. It not only helps to create a very clear opinion, it also allows for a stronger thesis statement to follow it.

The concluding paragraph created a prompt deviation since it does not do a proper wrap up of the preceding presentation. Rather, it changed the discussion slant and opened a new avenue of discussion to be presented. The lack of a proper summary presentation and the presentation of a topic that is not connected to the given question will result in either a partially lower passing score or a total failing score, depending upon how the examiner views the writing. Normally, when there is no proper summary conclusion, the essay receives a failing score.
Lehoang - / 2  
The writer forgot to state that he either agrees or disagrees with the idea, as well as the extent (totally agree, partially disagree, etc,...)

Home / Writing Feedback / Children should always follow their parents advice to what extent do you agree or disagree with this