IELTS 2. Children should always follow parents advice till they become more independent and mature

dikyung 1 / -  

morals and safety guidance

Family especially parents have been regarded as the cornerstone of society. Today, there has been a controversial statement that children had better take their parents'advice; others claim this is not always right. I believe that children ought to obey them when they are young but they should become more independent when getting older.

It can be undeniable that when children are in infant or toddler stage, they do not know the differences between right and wrong. Therefore, they need proper guidance from their parents who have been through ups and downs in their life. For instance, a young child does not know that it is definitely wrong to take things from others which do not belong to them. They also have no knowledge about how to stay safe as well as avoid dangers

On the other hand, when children grow older, they should not become too reliant on their parents. That is, it would be a good idea for them to pay less attention to them Particularly when they go down in flames with their study or in daily life, parents should be outsider in order to raise their independence. If they are in the habit of asking their parents for choosing everything they will not be able to make not only their own decisions but also crucial ones.

In a nutshell, parents need to give their young advice on morals and safety, but let them do at their own peace when they are older
One of the first things that the examiner will check for with your essay is the word count. You wrote only 245 of the required 250 word minimum. That means points deductions will be made based on the missing word count which, in this case, is 5 words. Why is it important to write at least 250-300 words? The explanation lies in the remaining 3 scoring considerations.

The C&C score relies on your ability to clearly explain yourself in the English language. That requires more than 245 words to accomplish. The LR score, relies on your ability to properly use English terms in the proper context. While the GRA relies on your ability to write English sentences using proper English writing rules. All of which will be affected by your limited written words. Aside from that, there is no proper response to the prompt question in your introduction which is:

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Your response was "I believe..." which does not imply the extent of your dis/agreement with the given topic for discussion. As such your essay will be considered to have failed in the task achievement section since you failed to address the prompt requirements.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS 2. Children should always follow parents advice till they become more independent and mature