Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Should children learn foreign language in primary school or secondary school?

yonathan66 30 / 27 5  
Some people think it is better for children to begin to learn a foreign language at primary school than at secondary school. What is your opinion? Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?

Many society believe that pupils should learn other country's language in primary school rather than in secondary school. I personally believe that learning foreign language since primary schools has more merits than demerits.

In this modern era, foreign language become basic subject that has to be learnt by pupils. Some primary schools provide their student with several foreign countries' languages as at this age, pupils can master these languages easier than secondary students. For instance, English, which is known as international language, is also become basic language in bilingual schools and pupils does not find any difficulties to learn it. As a result, students get many language knowledge since it is the most important part of communication ability. It is evidence that student is easy to learn other countries' language at early age.

But, this policy have demerit for the kids as they have lots of burdens on education. For example, pupils have to spend much time to attend additional class, such as course, to learn foreign language. As a consequence, children do not have enough time to enjoy their childhood while they supposed to have unforgettable memories at this age. There is no doubt that learning foreign language at early age give many burdens to pupils.

Therefore, undoubtedly that children should learn foreign language in primary school as it is easier to be learnt than in secondary school. However, this can affect their memory because they cannot enjoy their childhood, but I believe that learning other countries' language is more essential as it can influence their future.

Home / Writing Feedback / Should children learn foreign language in primary school or secondary school?