IELTS - children learning foreign language in young age; brain under development

christyzhongs 7 / 21 1  
Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school
Do the advantages of this out weigh the disadvantages?

Today, children start to learn a foreign language at primary school, which was being taught at secondary school. I agree that the benefits of learning a foreign language earlier are more than the disadvantages.

It is obviously that children are easier to learn a language in their early ages. A child in a family with members speak more than one language can speak multiple languages naturally. Because the brain is under development for language learning in our early ages, children can learn the new languages without any effort if the environment is provided. Besides, the subjects in primary school are more base and easy to learn, children have more time to practice the new learn language with classmates in a well-designed class which provided a suitable language environment with enough guidance. As a result, they can use the foreign language as their mother tongue.

On the other hand, there are some drawbacks to learn a foreign language in primary school. First, not all the primary schools can provide the foreign language course. In that case, when the children who have no chance to learn the language, grow up and attend the secondary school, will find the variance and a big gap in language learning. Thus it may make them lost the interest or refuse to continue the study. Second, the young children may lack of self-control. They may spend lots of time on playing and ignore the language learning. However, I think if we can standardized the policy of language learning and make it mandatory in primary school, as well as design more attractive content to make sure children can learn with interest, we can prevent the disadvantages.

In conclusion, children can get more benefit if they start to learn a foreign language in primary school, they can learn fast and use it as their mother tongue. However we still need to provide the suitable environment for their language learning, motivate them on time and give them enough guidance.
Today, children start to learn a foreign language at primary school, which was being taught at secondary school.I agree that the benefits of learning a foreign language earlier are more than the disadvantages.

Today, children have the facilities to learn a foreign language at the level of primary school itself. Some experts view that it is the best time for a person to begin learning a foreign language. I too agree with them because the benefits of learning a foreign language from an early age can largely outweigh its disadvantages.

It is obviously that children are easier to learn a language in their early ages.

It is obvious that children pick up things lot faster and easier in their early ages than in their adulthood.

A child in a family with members speak more than one language can speak multiple languages naturally.

A child who comes from a family where its members speak more than one language, naturally has the ability to speak those languages.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS - children learning foreign language in young age; brain under development