IELTS; Children learning foreign languages - Good or Bad?

anus 1 / -  
Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather that secondary school.
Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

Answer:

Nowadays, children are very enthusiastic to learn new languages. Although there are benefits and drawbacks of learning foreign language at primary school, I personally believe that it has more advantages than disadvantages.

Firstly, children may get confused and forget the second language because of this foreign language. Secondly, they need to concentrate and spend extra time to learn a foreign language which is waste of time at childhood because they would not to go foreign places at that age. Instead they can learn music instrument or swimming which helps them to fit healthy and relaxed. For instance, one of my friend sent her daughter named Trisha to tuition for learning a foreign language but Trisha used to forget all other languages because of this.Then my friend understood the reason of forgetting and stopped her. Now she is getting good marks and able to stood top in her class. Finally, It increases pressure and stress for the kids. At that age, already they will have multiple subjects and if this also includes they will get tensed and could not concentrate and because of this they may face health problems.

On the other hand, learning a foreign language helps children in many ways. In this competitive world, parents are quite interested to teach new things to the children and children are more active nowadays than before. If they learn foreign language, it may help them to increase the memory. Also, Kids will cope up quite fast at childhood and they do not know whether what they are learning is useful for them or not and they will concentrate. But if they grow older, they will not listen to the parents. In the IT busy life, people may travel to different places for job like from India to USA, in that case it may help the children and can continue their studies in USA as well without any problem. They can catch up with nearby friends without facing any language problem. Furthermore, English is very important to communicate and used by most of the people in the world.Hence it's must to teach them. Also they can watch sports channels or BBC to listen the UK or USA accent which is quite important for further studies and also to survive in this competitive world.

In conclusion, learning a foreign language has more benefits for children to learn at primary school and in that way they can be more active and can survive in this world without any language problems
Altaa 11 / 22  
In my opinion , you tried to state firstly the advantages by following this sentence : "Nowadays, children are very enthusiastic to learn new languages. Although there are benefits and drawbacks of learning foreign language at primary school, I personally believe that it has more advantages than disadvantages."

But you stated the disadvantages,

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS; Children learning foreign languages - Good or Bad?